Daniel Arzani

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like a mix between Hazard and young Aguero when dribbling. We'd do well to give this last a very close look.

Let's not ignore simply coz he came from Melbourne. Talent is talent. And it looks like this kid has it.

Looks decent but was expecting a bit more after reading some of the shit on here. A good player who I will be hoping has an awesome career. Potential is there. However, I do not at this time see anything that would put him above Brahim, Roberts, Sancho, Marcos Lopes, etc. Would have to do very well to ever be given a real chance.

I would have loaned him back to Melbourne for a year. Then move him to Breda or the champonship for his 2nd year.

I see that you follow Melb City by chiming in on the thread in General Chat from time to time, but as an Aussie who watches far more A-League then you would, this would be a massive mistake for him. The standard is piss poor at best, relying on endurance and physicality not technical skill and guile which are Arzani's strengths. Never mind the current governance politics casting a shadow on the league and football overall in Australia which could see FIFA stepping in to take control - how fucking bad can it get when FIFA, with all it's corruption and self interest, is considered a better corporate steward??

Getting out of here, to a higher standard of league where hopefully he can get substantial playing time is a good result for him at this age.

I see that you follow Melb City by chiming in on the thread in General Chat from time to time, but as an Aussie who watches far more A-League then you would, this would be a massive mistake for him. The standard is piss poor at best, relying on endurance and physicality not technical skill and guile which are Arzani's strengths. Never mind the current governance politics casting a shadow on the league and football overall in Australia which could see FIFA stepping in to take control - how fucking bad can it get when FIFA, with all it's corruption and self interest, is considered a better corporate steward??

Getting out of here, to a higher standard of league where hopefully he can get substantial playing time is a good result for him at this age.
I just think he's very young and very inexperienced (20 senior games?).

Standard isn't great in the A League but back there he'll learn how to be the main man in the team, how to deal with the pressure of that.

He was fantastic last year, but if he is to become a top player he'll need to perform with consistency despite being a marked man. I don't think he'll get that at Celtic where he'll be one of a number of top players playing under little pressure most weeks.

If nothing else, a year of A League will toughen him up, and that will be good for him as well. When it comes down to it, it's not his technical ability that will need to improve for him to make it with us, it's his strength, decision making (already very good for his age) and the mental side that he needs to work on.

He looks like a mix between Hazard and young Aguero when dribbling. We'd do well to give this last a very close look.

Let's not ignore simply coz he came from Melbourne. Talent is talent. And it looks like this kid has it.

Judging by the Luiz situation, it might take a while before he becomes high enough profile for the bent fucks in the FA to allow him to play here, so we will possibly have to evaluate him from a distance, apart from pre season.

Judging by the Luiz situation, it might take a while before he becomes high enough profile for the bent fucks in the FA to allow him to play here, so we will possibly have to evaluate him from a distance, apart from pre season.
Good thing is that he should be playing in most internationals from now on. So will qualify via that route.

I just think he's very young and very inexperienced (20 senior games?).

Standard isn't great in the A League but back there he'll learn how to be the main man in the team, how to deal with the pressure of that.

He was fantastic last year, but if he is to become a top player he'll need to perform with consistency despite being a marked man. I don't think he'll get that at Celtic where he'll be one of a number of top players playing under little pressure most weeks.

If nothing else, a year of A League will toughen him up, and that will be good for him as well. When it comes down to it, it's not his technical ability that will need to improve for him to make it with us, it's his strength, decision making (already very good for his age) and the mental side that he needs to work on.

Respectfully disagree.

I for one don't think that Arzani will make it into City's first team. If players the likes of Foden and Diaz (currently much better players than Arzani) are on the fringes of the team, and other players like Roberts and Ronny Lopes not making it is any indication, then neither will Arazani at close to 20.

I'm thinking about what's best for him to develop as a player and for Australian football in general. When we had our golden generation of players, Australia consistently had a number of players playing in the top leagues. Think Schwarzer, Neil, Emerton, Moore, Bresciano, Culina, Grella, Kewell, Cahill, and Viduka. What did most of those guys have in common? They went to Europe in their teens, and grafted through far better and more professional systems and became starting players for Premier League, Serie A and Dutch teams.

You look at the Aussie contingent who are playing regularly in decent leagues now. You have Mooy and Ryan. That's it. At a stretch Rogic. But even still Mooy qualifies as Home Grown for the Premier League because he went to Bolton for three years when he was 19. Arzani staying in the A League does no favours, to himself or his country's prospects. He needs to go to a better set up. A rising tide lifts all ships, just the fact that he's playing and training day in and day out with better players will help. You can argue that there are better options than Celtic, but in comparison to staying at Melb City, it's no contest.

Fuck! Forgot about that :( Maybe if the national team starts playing him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.