Daniel Grimshaw

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by allblackcitizen, 29 Jan 2020.

1. RayCTID

RayCTID

Lack of height isn't the problem he is just not good enough for higher level football. I do wish Grimshaw well in his future career though.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2020
  2. Eds

Eds

Not a great keeper from the few games I watched him play which also doesn't help but good luck to him

3. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

The stats on kids going through accademies and dropping out of football within a year or two are an eye opener. You have to be really good to make it. 95% of the kids in the system at u16 are basically making up the numbers, even those who stay on to play full time U18 football are 50/50 at best to ever kick a ball in a full senior professional match. If he does ok there - and i assume they need him to start games for the rest of the season - then he could end up at a league club with a decent stab at 1st choice and that is far better than the average.

samarasra likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. allblackcitizen

allblackcitizen

I would guess between £5k-£10k per week?

A few years ago I worked with the girlfriend of Solly March (Brighton player). They were still in the Championship. He was 21, and not a regular starter, but he was on £15k per week. She was on £15k per year.

So, yes, if he's on £5k-£10k per week, no reason to feel sorry for him landing in Hemel Hempsted.

Begs the question, if he is so bad and unpromising, why he is still at City at his age?

5. meeesh

meeesh

Good…..I suppose

6. meeesh

meeesh

The higher end of your guess is correct

7. Motty25

Motty25

I remember seeing Dean Henderson on loan at Stockport at that level a few years ago. Look at him now!

samarasra likes this.
  8. RayCTID

RayCTID

Grimshaw is 22 and hasn't had any loan experience. Henderson was a teenager when playing for Stockport.

9. allblackcitizen

allblackcitizen

Which is crazy money when you think about it.

Wonder what his new team mates at Hemel will think about it, especially if he ends up on their bench lol

10. meeesh

meeesh

It is crazy,but it is hardly his fault really,he's a pro at end of the day,whether he's good enough or not only time will tell,but from a prem club to that kind of drop is astounding