Daniel Grimshaw

Lack of height isn't the problem he is just not good enough for higher level football. I do wish Grimshaw well in his future career though.

Last edited:
He's a bit small for a modern keeper, only just over 6ft I think and not that physically imposing when I've seen him, which won't have helped him getting a loan at a decent level at this stage in the season.
Not a great keeper from the few games I watched him play which also doesn't help but good luck to him

Not a great keeper from the few games I watched him play which also doesn't help but good luck to him

The stats on kids going through accademies and dropping out of football within a year or two are an eye opener. You have to be really good to make it. 95% of the kids in the system at u16 are basically making up the numbers, even those who stay on to play full time U18 football are 50/50 at best to ever kick a ball in a full senior professional match. If he does ok there - and i assume they need him to start games for the rest of the season - then he could end up at a league club with a decent stab at 1st choice and that is far better than the average.

A guy I know knows him and family very well,don't think Hemel will be able to contribute much to his wages,I was shocked when I found out what he was on at City

I would guess between £5k-£10k per week?

A few years ago I worked with the girlfriend of Solly March (Brighton player). They were still in the Championship. He was 21, and not a regular starter, but he was on £15k per week. She was on £15k per year.

So, yes, if he's on £5k-£10k per week, no reason to feel sorry for him landing in Hemel Hempsted.

Begs the question, if he is so bad and unpromising, why he is still at City at his age?

I would guess between £5k-£10k per week?

A few years ago I worked with the girlfriend of Solly March (Brighton player). They were still in the Championship. He was 21, and not a regular starter, but he was on £15k per week. She was on £15k per year.

So, yes, if he's on £5k-£10k per week, no reason to feel sorry for him landing in Hemel Hempsted.

Begs the question, if he is so bad and unpromising, why he is still at City at his age?

The higher end of your guess is correct

Grimshaw is 22 and hasn't had any loan experience. Henderson was a teenager when playing for Stockport.

Which is crazy money when you think about it.

Wonder what his new team mates at Hemel will think about it, especially if he ends up on their bench lol

It is crazy,but it is hardly his fault really,he's a pro at end of the day,whether he's good enough or not only time will tell,but from a prem club to that kind of drop is astounding

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.