Danilo (signed for Juve)

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by leech, 19 Apr 2019.

1. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

We clearly are looking to move him on this summer and think it's a possibility... personally the only reason I can think of why Angeliño hasn't picked a shirt number yet is that he has an eye on #3.

nmc likes this.
  2. C17Y KG

C17Y KG

3. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

City didn’t want Danilo to leave. Danilo wants to go because he wants more first team starts rather than being a part of the squad. He has the same dilemma as Gundogan, Otamendi and Sane.

City are only looking at Cancelo because they thought they had to, in the same way that we have to look at a CH because Kompany has gone.

But, as yet, there isn’t a buyer for Danilo, surprisingly really. Juventus wanted him originally, which was handy as Cancelo is there, but they changed their mind.

So as things stand we only need a CH and even then there are other options if we can’t find anyone suitable.

Delphinho and Coatigan like this.
  4. manlikepep

manlikepep

I’ve always thought, apart from when he plays lb, Danilo was always solid. Gave great performances and worked hard. I’m really shocked, especially this season when walker went through that patch of mistakes, that he didn’t get more starts. I’m assuming that pace is something absolutely vital to our system. Perhaps if Mendy had not been injured Danilo woulda got more minutes?

I forgot who it was against if someone can remind me cause I’d love to go back and watch it, where he picked the ball up at the halfway line and ran all the way and slotted past the keeper.

Great footballer shocked there isn’t a queue of clubs wanting him.

5. Rammyblues

Rammyblues

Good player no problems from me if he stays.

Coatigan likes this.
  6. Fordyboy46

Fordyboy46

Just keep Danilo, won't be the worst decision in the world. Still has plenty to offer City

7. David 'El Mago' Silva

David 'El Mago' Silva

Maybe he wants to move somewhere to be a starter. He's too good to just be back-up for Walker.

Colin Bells Boots likes this.
  8. BlueCityfan

BlueCityfan

Other interesting things:

Sane and Sterling listed as forwards. Mahrez as a midfielder.

Foden listed as a forward. And Zinchenko is still a midfielder. :)

ADegenerate likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy

Really surprised at the lack of interest in Danilo. He is a great RB. Mid table teams and above should be fighting for his signature.

Also clubs in the Italy, France, Germany, Spain should be seriously interested.

I would prefer we keep him and give him more game time but if he wants to go we should let him.

I can see why Pep wants Cancelo though who is a former winger and very good offensively. It would add another dimension to our attack.

10. George Hannah

George Hannah