Danilo (signed for Juve)

Really surprised at the lack of interest in Danilo. He is a great RB. Mid table teams and above should be fighting for his signature.

Also clubs in the Italy, France, Germany, Spain should be seriously interested.

I would prefer we keep him and give him more game time but if he wants to go we should let him.

I can see why Pep wants Cancelo though who is a former winger and very good offensively. It would add another dimension to our attack.

He's not though. He's a very solid RB and thats all.

28 years old next week so unlikely to develop any further. Has had limited opportunities to showcase his obvious talent here and at Madrid so his reputation is not exactly glowing. On £100,000 a week which is too high for most clubs, plus we'd want a fee of what? 15-20 million?

Not blessed with pace, doesn't deliver much offensively, no potential to pay for and a high cost overall. I don't think its remotely surprising that more clubs aren't interested. Why would you sign a very solid defender who will be a capable servant but probably leave for free when you can sign a young player showing potential who might make you a profit in the future?

He's been pretty decent for us, but unless you need a pretty decent squad player he's not going to get many directors of football hard.

I Dont have any knowledge of the guy from Juventus he might well be an upscaled version of Danilo .but his name reminds me of Manilow who i like very much and looking at my angle he"s not so bad (boom) Even now i just think rather than let him go cheaply to get Cancelo we should keep him We made ir through (the rain) when he came in for Walker its a miracle if we end up with three top Right backs next season

Danilo for me is very useful, can cover at CB, he's 6ft, so a decent size for a RB when we seem to worrying about being vulnerable aerially & I thought he played well every time I saw him last season.

Danilo is not very good at anything, not bad either.

As already stated he is on big money and will be difficult to shift.

A very expensive squad member.

Danilo is not very good at anything, not bad either.

As already stated he is on big money and will be difficult to shift.

A very expensive squad member.

Hm, I get your point.

But within a free system of supply and demand (which I personally would regulate severly) what sort of squad players would we have
if we offer a seat on the bench instead of playing football (and hopefully that's what they wanted at some point),
the odd cup match and a bit of rotation now and then,
lots of medals for which they were contributing near to nothing
and say 60k per week?

Exactly. Let's not even think about it. Our system of rotation wouldn't work.

We want to have 1 worldclass team + 1 PL top 4 team to go for anything looking like silver.

We will see next season how often good players won't even make the matchday squad of 18
and how ridiculous our bench is looking like.

That's a general problem when we want to sign a player. Either he is confident to compete for the starting XI in our top squad
or he accepts the huge risk of the bench or even the stands only to be part of this story and hope for minutes.

But then he wants to be convinced (or risk rewarded) by wages north of normal logics,
e.g. 100k per fuckin week. At least.
Another consequence is subsidizing those wages when we try to get rid 3 years later, on loan to Italy or Turkey.
It's part of our strategy from now on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.