Danilo (signed for Juve)

Inter Milan have ‘pushed the brakes’ in their pursuit of full-back Danilo (27) as he is no longer seen as a priority. Danilo has been given the green light by Manchester City and Inter have already dealt personal terms with the player over a potential contract. [@Gazzetta_it]

If there was a legitimate offer I would sell, but at less than 20m Inter can go do one. Squad players that would have no problem covering for half, or a full, season if needed are very hard to come by

I'd rather collect the money and then buy Wan-Bissaka to provide Walker with some serious competition. But Pep might not have found a right back at the right age yet.
I'm still a bit baffled that Pep bought Walker. He is good at times but no Alexander-Arnold.

I dont get this. Surely anyone who has watched us at all in the last 3 years knows what Walker does?

Hes the best defender of breaks/counter attacks in the world. His pace and physicality combined mean you can push everyone else forward to break someone down, leave him 1v1 at the back with any forward and he will win every single time.

And for a team whose biggest weakness should be getting hit on the break, that makes him completely undroppable.

I dont get this. Surely anyone who has watched us at all in the last 3 years knows what Walker does?

Hes the best defender of breaks/counter attacks in the world. His pace and physicality combined mean you can push everyone else forward to break someone down, leave him 1v1 at the back with any forward and he will win every single time.

And for a team whose biggest weakness should be getting hit on the break, that makes him completely undroppable.

I think he smells of Yankee...

Generally agree, but then again it's terribly dangerous to generalise. ;-)

I have seen Walker in a City-shirt since we bought him, and yes he is great when it comes to counter attacks – sometimes.
I still believe he is far too inconsistent. Against the best teams in the world, I seriously doubt he would be enough. He is slow in his decision making, and often misplaces passes when under pressure or 'trying to be creative'. Offensively, he has nothing to offer. He can barely whip a cross. Just look at Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool. The difference in attacking skill is laughable. We need a Mendy-type player on the right. I don't think Walker is one of them. Also, whenever you believe he will make a mistake during a specific situation, he usually delivers. The number of times I have been surprised in a positive manner is quite few. I support him since he's part of the team, but I need to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.