Danny Ings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be against Ings if it wasn't for his injuries. I don't mind getting a striker that isn't a huge name as long as they can make the most of the chances we create i'm good.
But our forwards aren't expected to just hang about the 6 yard box and knock in chances created.
They are expected to join in with a hard press, to keep the ball moving and contribute in an all round way.
Anybody who's watched Ings and thinks he ticks all those boxes has watched ma different Ings to me.
I don't want to knock him because he's obviously a decent player but nowhere near the standard we are setting ourselves.

Ings is nowhere near the level we need. He’s an average journeyman pro not the kind of prolific star striker to lead a club to CL glory or fire us to the title.

If we’re considering him then we can’t be serious about trying to win the CL, or even keeping our title. He’s a mid table signing at best.

If we don’t sign one of Haaland, or Kane, Mbappe or Lukaku this summer then I think there‘s a real risk we won’t win anything next season. We just wouldn’t have enough consistent goal scoring in the team.

cover4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.