Danny Ings

Status
Not open for further replies.
A well evidenced response as usual.

As usual????

Wasn't aware we had had a wide ranging set of discussions where "it's bollicks" has been my response

XG uses too many factors to determine it's results and is never and will never be a valid or accurate way to make predictions or analyse football.

Those that espouse it most in punditry use it as an excuse for their sides failure, Carragher loves to bring it out when the scousers are shite and some of the guff about the "real xg" league table is as said bollocks

XG uses too many factors to determine it's results and is never and will never be a valid or accurate way to make predictions or analyse football.
Never ever?

I mean thanks to xG usage it was successfully predicted Juventus would turn things around back in 17/18 and go onto win the league. In fact it was very similar with City last season. It also predicted that United were likely to drop off in 18/19 AND Liverpool were likely to drop off in the season just passed.

I'm not going to argue in favour of xG as a whole (although I'm personally for it) but the idea it's completely useless is completely off base. It's been right too many times to be completely useless.

As usual????

Wasn't aware we had had a wide ranging set of discussions where "it's bollicks" has been my response

Those that espouse it most in punditry use it as an excuse for their sides failure, Carragher loves to bring it out when the scousers are shite and some of the guff about the "real xg" league table is as said bollocks
Really? Liverpool would still be waiting for a league title if they played to their x-pected levels.

City, on the other hand, would be celebrating an unprecedented fifth title in a row.

Really? Liverpool would still be waiting for a league title if they played to their x-pected levels.

City, on the other hand, would be celebrating an unprecedented fifth title in a row.

Infogol which is used as one of the leadinf Xg prediction models got five final positions correct last year none the year before and six in the 18/19 season .

As much fun as it may be it is just that, a fun statistical tool saying Ings is better than Jesus as a forward using Xg prediction is, in my opinion a load of old bollocks.

I ahave no problem if people lile.it and think it is useful or helpful but for me let's use what they actually do to judge them, not what they might do

Last edited:
Infogol which is used as one of the leadinf Xg prediction models got five final positions correct last year none the year before and six in the 18/19 season .

As much fun as it may be it is just that, a fun statistical tool saying Ings is better than Jesus as a forward using Xg prediction is, in my opinion a load of old bollocks.

I ahave no problem if people lile.it and think it is useful or helpful but for me let's use what they actually do to judge them, not what they might do
You can't expect it to predict exact positions. However, last season it predicted sixteen teams' positions within 2 places, and just one was more than 4 places out. I'd suggest that shows quite a strong link between xG/xA and actual points.

It would be a pointless stat if it was exact. xG and xGA show how good a team is at creating and preventing chances, not how many goals they do score. For a striker it's handy as it can help compare two players in teams that create a different amount of chances.

As for Ings/Jesus - once you count assists, it's pretty even - but then their goals/90 mins in the PL is fairly close too. I would never swap Jesus for Ings, but I'd be interested to see how well he'd do at City.

As usual????

It’s not really rocket science is it tho mush.

Jesus is fucking wank at putting chances away whereas Ings isn’t too bad to be fair to him.

Thankfully neither will be plying their trade at this club this coming season.

It’s not really rocket science is it tho mush.

Jesus is fucking wank at putting chances away whereas Ings isn’t too bad to be fair to him.

Thankfully neither will be plying their trade at this club this coming season.
Sounds like you're being a bit of a WUM. Jesus is top quality, always will be. He's been first choice for Brazil for years. Have a look at previous posts and looks at his goals per games ratio. Up there with some of the best in Europe.

Sounds like you're being a bit of a WUM. Jesus is top quality, always will be. He's been first choice for Brazil for years. Have a look at previous posts and looks at his goals per games ratio. Up there with some of the best in Europe.
Statistics don't tell you the full story.

Great lad, works himself into the ground but never a serious goal threat for me, goes on long runs of not scoring and when misses chances his head and confidence drops alarmingly.

And please stop with the Brazilian International, they are a distant shadow of a one wonderful team, they are very average, even by International standards.

Statistics don't tell you the full story.

Great lad, works himself into the ground but never a serious goal threat for me, goes on long runs of not scoring and when misses chances his head and confidence drops alarmingly.

And please stop with the Brazilian International, they are a distant shadow of a one wonderful team, they are very average, even by International standards.
They might be boring to watch but suggesting Brazil are very average is a rather disingenuous point.

Jesus is shite

Ings is shite

All absolute pointless discussion anyway as Kane is already done, both parties waiting on shipping out Jesus and spurs signing his replacement then all will be announced. Been sorted behind the scenes for weeks.

Wait, i thought it was all done and going to be announced before the Euros. Then it was all done and going to be announced immediately after the euros. Then all done and announced when he's back from holiday. What, now it's all done and waiting to be announced bar their finding a replacement and us shifting Jesus? What's next, all done and announced as soon as terms are agreed and spurs accept a fee?

You'd give the Italian twitterati a run for their money. Either that or your brother seems to be winding you up mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.