Danny Murphy's man of the match!

His co commentator sounded bemused at the crass stupidity of Murphy's selection

The lad only played 67 minutes on a team that lost 5-1. Just asinine.

Had he had a bet via a 3rd party?

His co commentator sounded bemused at the crass stupidity of Murphy's selection

The lad only played 67 minutes on a team that lost 5-1. Just asinine.

Had he had a bet via a 3rd party?

Yeah but to be fair, he had a great 20 minutes in the first half and he's only young. i couldn't actually believe that was his excuse for giving him MOTM.

Watched the game again when I got home. Motm was a choice of a madman. That alone should get him turfed from any further media stuff.

He was an arse all night, from 'Kun went down too easy' for the pen which eventually he admitted it was actually Otamemdi who was actually fouled but as he always goes down easily maybe (I'm paraphrasing) he didn't deserve it.

Then they dragged out Sterling and Sergio afterwards, both looked like one of them would get MOTM handed over and they then had to trundle back to the dressing room with nothing!

You would think we conceded 5 goals but we actually won 5-1 not to mention there were at least 3-4 more totally blatant penalty shouts. They created a couple of chances but we were never in any real danger, they were a decent side but we scored 4 more than they did.

All Shearer could say was if they play a better opposition defending like that they will get punished, he even said we would get punished playing better teams than Monaco the other week. That is the Monaco who have scored more goals than anyone in Europe!

They even cut Pep off in his interview, utter shambles. The only saving grace was Sinclair who tried to be positive but when you are in a room of idiots with agendas what can you do.

This is why Sergio never gets player of the year or anything, he had a great game, was everywhere, scored 2 goals but he lost MOTM to someone who compared to him had 1 shot and scored it.

A consolation and a crumb of comfort for a side that contributed a lot to an entertaining tie.

It will mean far more to Billing than to any of the City lads.

A lot of the pundits pick the MOTM in the early stages of the game and then try to make their co-commentary fit their choice as the game progresses.
At the end of the day MOTM is just a trinket based on an opinion of an old washed out ex-professional, whereas the hard facts are;- City won 5-1, which is indisputable.

I value Danny Murphy's opinion on football about as much as I'd value Roman Polanski's opinion on underage sex. There's common sense, and then there's the alternate reality these two fuckwits live in.

Take it with a pinch of salt, the programme, the format and most important, 95% of the presenters are out of date and unfit for purpose. Biased claptrap with no real knowledge of the modern game... Sky, despite the significant cost of viewing, is literally streets ahead... The BBC is a necessity when only that channel covers games otherwise do as I do and ignore them....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.