Data protection - some advice required

There is a Light

I had a new composite door fitted a few weeks back.

The guy we dealt with has turned out to be a bit of and amateur and has done a few things to piss us off.

It now turns out that he has put flyers through the doors of everyone on our road with my name, address and postcode on it. I don't mind a sign put on my driveway but I don't really want my details posted through the door of every fucker on the road I live on!

Am I right to be pissed off with him doing this and am I right to say that he should not be so careless with my personal details?

There is a light said:
Uncle Wally One Ball said:
What are the flyers saying mate?

Fuck all really, just an ad for his firm with he fitted the door at....... name, address, postcode. Needless to say, it said we were delighted etc.

Can you not make up some flyers saying it was shit and he's a ****?

In that case I dont think theres a lot you can do. Its not a malicious communication and its not like harassment so the old bill cant help. However if he's saying you're satisfied with the work, and you actually arent, you can get on to the Trades Description people and complain to them. Also give your council a ring, they will have advice. Let the bloke know what you're doing too and he may take it off the flyer

Speak to the information commisioner.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ico.gov.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ico.gov.uk/</a>

0303 123 1113

Everyone on your road has the same address and post code as you.

danburge82 said:
Everyone on your road has the same address and post code as you.
Not necessarilly, this house is a unique national ID with postcode and number

Timmmmahhhh said:
There is a light said:
Uncle Wally One Ball said:
What are the flyers saying mate?

Fuck all really, just an ad for his firm with he fitted the door at....... name, address, postcode. Needless to say, it said we were delighted etc.

Can you not make up some flyers saying it was shit and he's a ****?

Exactly. He sends out a flyer saying you were delighted with the service. Why dont you just send one out saying the previous flyer was bollocks and we were disgusted with the service?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.