Dating apps

neel

Anyone had any luck in finding the partner with these and any advice on which is best one around to use with most real profiles

Anyone had any luck in finding the partner with these and any advice on which is best one around to use with most real profiles
Only ever used 2 dating sites(apps), an O2 user one about 14 years ago and POF several times on and off. One scouse woman I was liked about 10 years ago(not a LiVARpool fan btw;) I dated 3 times. The last time her phone never stopped buzzing from text messages. She looked a bit more embarrassed each time her phone received a text, so I told her she better answer her fella and either split up with him, and become genuinely single, or stop fuckin' about with genuine single guys like myself. Don't know what happened later as I got up and left her to sort her shit out.

Thing is plenty of bored people go on dating sites looking for a bit of 'fun'. I found POF hard work in the end, like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack but there are some decent people on there once you suss out needy lonely ones, control freaks and good time gold diggers.('players' playing the field)

I split up with 'Bigfoot' 14 months ago and after a 5 n' half year relationship so they can and do work. It's just that we are two independent people who found living together 6 months was not for us. Turned out to be a good thing.

Dipped my toe back in the POF pond last May. Met a women I liked and got on great, similar interests and music tastes, similar chemistry. (so I first thought) After 3 or 4 dates she started being judge-mental saying I "seem a bit of a sayer, not a do-er"lol. Basically because I'd moved house 6 months before meeting her and hadn't finished decorating my living room. I'd done some prep work of sanding down and undercoating but she seemed the type who'd want it done there and then... Saw her a few days later and she made the same mistake of telling me same shit. Told her we wasn't suited and she should find another guy who does exactly what it says on her tin!

Not been on a dating site since. Friends with 'benefoots' is good enough for me and we're still friends now: ) At least we understand and respect each other, not needy or need to text each other several times a day because there's an element of doubt in trusting each other.

Trust is fundamental to every relationship, without it there's not hope for much else.

Good luck to anyone who seeks love and a long term relationship on a proper dating site. For those that just want a casual fling, there's plenty of sites to try if you want sex and don't mind chancing an STD from a 'player'!

Me? I'd rather have a cup of tea nowadays: )

Good luck neel, you'll need it pal. And you'll also soon need to become a good judge of character or you'll get rinsed bigtime and could probably end up with a heavy heart from someone who doesn't give a fuck about hurting the emotional feelings of yourself or anyone else. They can read a gullible type like an open book..... Once you cotton on to their devious ways they'll just move on to their next gullible victim and repeat same enticing bullshit. Sorry if I sound cynical, just know how these sites(can) work.

My advice is you're probably best paying for a dating site if you want to meet someone to date with a view of having a solid loving relationship, although a paying site is no guarantee of this, just increases the odds of meeting the genuine ones from the freeloading chancers. Free ones are where plenty of gold digging women are most likely on just after a free night out for the offer of sex whenever they chose to let you have it. At least hookers give a straight price for sex, no strings attached, so a friend tells me; )

Last edited:
i probably know more than i should about them.

I don't know about tinder (as i can't put my details on there for certain reasons)
but the only 'free' one i'd use is badoo
or better to pay a sub to 'match' or 'plenty of fish'

You will only find nutters. Leave it all alone
Lol. Dating sites are often tantamount to broken biscuits on a production line Wally. Unblemished biscuits are a rare pick on dating sites . I've been left with a few crumbs missing out of my Winalot Shapes biscuit pal.

Woof, I'm half barking as it is! ; )

I refer to dating sites as the Pick n' mix aisle at Morrisons. Full of Randoms and fuckin' Fruit Loops!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.