Dating apps

Oh I never take any of them back to my flat, you never know if you’ll end up with a stalker!

I never thought about that!

I used to tell me returnees the truth. If I was seeing someone that day or not and they'd book another day/ date with me!

Weird, but such is the power of a woman's belief she can change a man!

Must have been the competition of other women!

But, it was their problem, not mine!

Enjoy whilst you can, PC, you lucky lucky man!!! :)

Stick with it mate. Christmas was hard for me, got a lot of good support on here which was an absolute godsend for me, feel like there's light at the end of the tunnel now. I've been messing about on the apps, passes lonely time as much as anything and I've realised there's a big world out there I can explore again.
Being close to the kids will help and hopefully you'll get best value of your time with them - I appreciate time with my daughter more than anything now and if there's a positive to take away it's that I might even be a better dad now

Thanks mate. Glads you're seeing the light finally. Sometimes you've just got to hold tight until it all passes. Good luck with it all.

My wife died 2 1/2 years ago and at 47 I'm half and half about staying single or meeting someone. I know my kids wouldn't like it initially (16 & 19) but hey we all have to move on, though I do have to consider them.
Weather is through an app or just wait for a chance meeting I haven't decided yet.
Bit terrified to be honest. I'd only slept with my wife and the thought of my saggy nuts hitting the floor when i undress makes me groan inwardly. I'm totally lacking in experience and confidence.
Is it par for the course nowadays to sleep together on a first date anyway?

Sorry to head about your wife. That must be really hard all round and I really feel you all pal.
I think your kids will want you to be happy so when you feel ready go and explore. If you meet someone you genuinely have a good connection/chemistry with the sex bit won't be awkward at all...but will be so much fun.

I never thought about that!

I used to tell me returnees the truth. If I was seeing someone that day or not and they'd book another day/ date with me!

Weird, but such is the power of a woman's belief she can change a man!

Must have been the competition of other women!

But, it was their problem, not mine!

Enjoy whilst you can, PC, you lucky lucky man!!! :)
Brilliant haha, will do mate!

I had a few too many when I was younger but do none of you more mature gents not find one night stands unnecessary now? We were often just pissed tbh. Inhibitions out of the window and clothes on the floor. It doesn’t seem right now...

My wife died 2 1/2 years ago and at 47 I'm half and half about staying single or meeting someone. I know my kids wouldn't like it initially (16 & 19) but hey we all have to move on, though I do have to consider them.
Weather is through an app or just wait for a chance meeting I haven't decided yet.
Bit terrified to be honest. I'd only slept with my wife and the thought of my saggy nuts hitting the floor when i undress makes me groan inwardly. I'm totally lacking in experience and confidence.
Is it par for the course nowadays to sleep together on a first date anyway?
Not necessarily at all mate. I met a belting girl over Christmas and we saw each other four times and didn’t sleep together. I actually quite liked that, it was a refreshing change!

A lot of people have these silly unwritten rules about dating. I have no rules at all. For me, every situation is different and it’s all about it feeling right.

Most think there should be a kiss at the end of the first date - but I don’t! I think a kiss should come at a time when there’s been a good bit of flirtation, whether that’s during the first date or on date number 3. I don’t think it should be earmarked for a particular time. If date #1 hasn’t been flirty I don’t kiss the girl more than a parting kiss on the cheek. Other times I’ve been smooching the face off someone an hour into the first date.

Some think the third date is the one where that’s where they should sleep with each other - but that could be date #1 or #10 as far as I’m concerned. Again, it’s all about whether it’s felt flirtatious. Don’t just sleep with someone because that’s what you think you should do. Some of the best sexual experiences I’ve had have been after a couple of months of building sexual tension. Sleeping with someone too early or one night stands leaves me a bit cold these days, I actually find it hard to get turned on sometimes when it’s too early and no tension has been built.

Sorry to hear about your wife by the way mate!

Ha! But how does that work? Do you go round theirs? Book the proverbial hotel room?
Either or

Only when I know they’re not a nutter do I let them come round to my flat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ex and I had a smooch on our first date. Half way through the evening and then to say goodnight. She stayed maybe a month later and we consummated the relationship.

As it is, really. As it is.

I had a few too many when I was younger but do none of you more mature gents not find one night stands unnecessary now? We were often just pissed tbh. Inhibitions out of the window and clothes on the floor. It doesn’t seem right now...

Bollocks. Give me rattling when I'm steaming over spooning becoming forking whilst watching some shit on Netflix any day of the week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.