Dave Bacuzzi RIP.

I was at the Reading game having bunked off school (this is turning into York away), I'd forgotten Dave was playing for Reading. I remember him as a decent defender in the days just before we became brilliant, a team with players like Matt Gray and John Murray who I thought were top quality at the time.

I was at the Reading game having bunked off school (this is turning into York away), I'd forgotten Dave was playing for Reading. I remember him as a decent defender in the days just before we became brilliant, a team with players like Matt Gray and John Murray who I thought were top quality at the time.
Jimmy Murray.

He was at City just before my time but I remember the FA Cup tie against Reading in which he played. Memorable for the last minute penalty at home when Tony Coleman took it upon himself to assume responsibility for taking it. Me and my Dad were several rows back in the Platt Lane stand and the ball was still rising as it went over our heads. After the 0-0 at Maine Road, 0-7 away was a bit unexpected.

Love this, recorded in his death notice...
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Sadly gone with this horrible virus aged 79,I remember watching him in the early 60s played at full back for us 64-66.He then went on to Reading and played against us in our biggest away win ever 7-0 in a cup replay I was at Elm park that evening 1968.
Pretty much my recollections of him.
RIP Dave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.