David Alaba

Unless my maths is off, that will be about £238k a week. Thats a lot of money. I know he's on a free so it won't cost us a penny in that regard but it'll put him behind only De Bruyne and Sterling. It could cause issues with other players wanting pay rises. That is unless he gets a fairly hefty signing on fee to reduce the weekly wage.
Pretty sure I read somewhere Alaba wanted wages from Madrid that's higher than Ramos'. Ramos is on £312k. £238k seems way below his demands. But yeah, £238k is already a lot of money.

Unless my maths is off, that will be about £238k a week. Thats a lot of money. I know he's on a free so it won't cost us a penny in that regard but it'll put him behind only De Bruyne and Sterling. It could cause issues with other players wanting pay rises. That is unless he gets a fairly hefty signing on fee to reduce the weekly wage.

Pretty sure I read somewhere Alaba wanted wages from Madrid that's higher than Ramos'. Ramos is on £312k. £238k seems way below his demands. But yeah, £238k is already a lot of money.

It wouldn't be hard to just give him a bigger signing bonus and reduce the wage to 200k or so.

I think Mahrez and Aguero are both over £200k/week also, and so will whichever striker we sign and Messi obviously if he arrives.

I think I'd rather a younger player who could learn under Pep, and carry it on after he left, not a 29 year old who'll only be here a few years.

Technically Zinchenko plays in the midfield for us mostly, drifts out occasionally, Alaba could do all of it better, obviously he's a better player, knows Pep too. But because it makes too much sense, it will likely not happen.

Even if it does, won't believe those wage offer reports for one sec

We suggested Alaba as part of the Sane deal and Bayern put it to the player at the time, but he wasn't interested.

Maybe something has happened in the interim.

It would be a very smart signing, not to mention he is a terrific player.

Three positions covered on a free transfer, ultimately meaning we don't need to buy two or three others?

Knows Pep system and demands.

Seems like a no brainer if he now up for it.

Last edited:

It's not a lot of money if his wages are £50m over four years.

He would cost any team more than that in a transfer fee, based on his quality and pedigree.

The fact he can play in three positions we surely need, makes it even more reasonable, save us big money in the long term.

Most of our squad would hardly bat an eyelid at his wages, knowing he was a free transfer.

Yep. He's top drawer and an immense upgrade on what we have at LB and allows us to use Zinch in midfield where we need KDB cover... I could care less he's not young as he'd give us top quality for several years.

28 for the positions he would play, probably get another four or five years out of him?

Whilst building for the future should always be a priority, we also have to remember it is about winning in the here and now?

If we could win the league this season, I genuinely believe this current set up, coupled with acquisitions such as Alaba/Messi/a Haaland, we would win another two on the bounce.

We bought Fern at 29?

28 for the positions he would play, probably get another four or five years out of him?

Whilst building for the future should always be a priority, we also have to remember it is about winning in the here and now?

If we could win the league this season, I genuinely believe this current set up, coupled with acquisitions such as Alaba/Messi/a Haaland, we would win another two on the bounce.

We bought Fern at 29?

Tbf, we bought Ferna when he'd turned 28 about one month earlier and Alaba will have just turned just 29 by the summer, so a year older. But yeah, I don't mind Alaba for a bit. No doubt we'd get three good seasons out of him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.