David Alaba

28 for the positions he would play, probably get another four or five years out of him?

Whilst building for the future should always be a priority, we also have to remember it is about winning in the here and now?

If we could win the league this season, I genuinely believe this current set up, coupled with acquisitions such as Alaba/Messi/a Haaland, we would win another two on the bounce.

We bought Fern at 29?
Have you heard anything new? Really bored these days. Anything re Messi, Haaland etc

Isn't Alaba's problem that he doesn't want to play leftback anymore?

I can see Chelsea snapping him up. I think Tuchel would love a player like him in the middle.

Isn't Alaba's problem that he doesn't want to play leftback anymore?

I can see Chelsea snapping him up. I think Tuchel would love a player like him in the middle.
Zidane has asked for him per media reports. They are planning to sell Marcelo and have a squad player who can fill multiple positions, Alaba fits the bill. Won't be surprised to see it go through.

Not sure what our plans are, hopefully we're serious this time in our pursuit for a left back.

Zidane has asked for him per media reports. They are planning to sell Marcelo and have a squad player who can fill multiple positions, Alaba fits the bill. Won't be surprised to see it go through.

Not sure what our plans are, hopefully we're serious this time in our pursuit for a left back.
Will Zidane still be at Real?

28 for the positions he would play, probably get another four or five years out of him?

Whilst building for the future should always be a priority, we also have to remember it is about winning in the here and now?

If we could win the league this season, I genuinely believe this current set up, coupled with acquisitions such as Alaba/Messi/a Haaland, we would win another two on the bounce.

We bought Fern at 29?
Yep it's not like we're buying him for pace, he's a skilled cerebral player and those attributes don't wither as readily as legs and knees.

It's not a lot of money if his wages are £50m over four years.

He would cost any team more than that in a transfer fee, based on his quality and pedigree.

The fact he can play in three positions we surely need, makes it even more reasonable, save us big money in the long term.

Most of our squad would hardly bat an eyelid at his wages, knowing he was a free transfer.
I'll defer to your knowledge of that. I hope it's not a Sanchez transfer where he's brought in on big wages and it doesn't pan out. We've seen how that worked out for that lot. I can't see it going that way if it does happen with him having worked with pep before and him still being at the top of his game.

Also I guess whatever we save on a transfer fee for a lb can be out towards signing Haaland

Linked again today in Spanish paper AS.

Alaba, Douglas Luiz, Messi, Haaland certainly would be decent summer window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.