David Attenborough: A Life on Our World Documentary

wattle

Just watched this on Netflix. The man is amazing and does so much to educate people on the world's state and how we can change it. I suggest if you can make time, watch it. Our grandkids and future generations are totally fucked if we don't make changes quickly. In fact there wont be future generations. His explanation on how the earth will look in 2030,2060 and the 2100's is terrifying.
The problem is the evil or/and braindead fuckwits (Trump/Putin/Johnson/Kim Jong-un etc) that run the world at the moment wont make the changes needed and half the world don't give a shit. I've even seen clowns on here saying it's all a conspiracy theory. FFS! The governments will spout out the same mantras of don't use aerosols, re-cycle etc and blame the public as they always do about everything. Obviously we SHOULD do this and it will help a little. But it wont save the planet. Stopping greedy bastards from cutting down the rainforests and killing the eco system will.
Brilliant watch, but also upsetting and chilling. Give it a watch if you can. The more people watch it, the more the message gets out.
I'm on my second self isolation at the moment and have too much time on my hands - and realise I sound a bit like a lunatic - but if a northern, working class, simple bloke like me can start to change and try and make even the smallest of differences, then anyone can. Johnson/Cummins can make people vote/do what they want by repeating slogans over and over and planting stuff in peoples minds - it works - so maybe this is the way to make change happen on the 2nd most important subject in the history of human civilisation.
On THE most important issue though, I cant believe we didn't sign a left back :))

Just saw this on our account, have yet to watch but on My List

It will be hard to imagine someone replacing David one day

He joined Instagram last week and became the fastest person ever to get a million followers. He beat the Pope, Harry and Meghan and the previous fastest, Jennifer Aniston.

Is this the one with Michael Palin in it? I don't have Netflix, but I'll try to watch it somehow.

He joined Instagram last week and became the fastest person ever to get a million followers. He beat the Pope, Harry and Meghan and the previous fastest, Jennifer Aniston.

Is this the one with Michael Palin in it? I don't have Netflix, but I'll try to watch it somehow.
No it's just him. I think it's brand new. Maps his life on the tv and how the world has changed in that time

An incredible man and a true inspiration. He is the one person who I will happily listen to for more than 5 minutes and absorb every word. A genuine legend who seems to be universally adored.

I watched it last night and it is shocking. The harm we're doing to the planet is just beyond belief and ultimately nothing will change unless everyone takes it upon themselves to make a difference.

We really are an awful species (other than Davey A).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.