David Beckham

cityboy1

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3326827/David-Beckham-insists-he-wants-to-join-Tottenham.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... enham.html</a>
thought he said that the only epl side he would join was the rags

I would be seething if I was a Spurs fan.

Yes, trust the manager, but the last thing I would want is that tosser using my club and it's vital season to try to salvage some sort of footballing credibility.

If they sign him and play him, I guarantee this:

He will be completely anonymous and off the pace for almost all of his time on the pitch.

However, anyone not watching the game and listening/reading the media reports will believe that he was excellent as anything positive that he manages to do will be treated like the second coming of Maradona.

A successful cross or corner will suddenly become the equivalent of inventing the Cruyff turn or performing like Messi - instead of being treated as it is when any other player does it and given a "well done, mate, now get on with the rest of your game"

Whether the English media can keep up a few months of week after week reports stretching credibility and disguising the fact that he has been totally ineffective for years, remains to be seen though. Doing it for a few matches in a tourney or spreading bullshit about his effectiveness in Spain or in a pub league in the US is one thing. Doing the same thing where people will see most of his efforts live for weeks on end is something that even those lickspittles might not be able to keep up

God help us all if he does the "never before seen in football" feat of scoring a freekick. They'll be campaigning for statues and a 'World's Best Freekick Taker Ever' award

I really hope he goes to Spuds. Redknapp will feel he has to play him and I honestly believe they will be a weaker side if he gets a game.

Hope he gets lots of games for them......

like I posted in the Beckham thread in the transfer forum thread, if he's playing, that means one of Modric, VDV, Bale, or Lennon isn't. That's good news for us.

bluemoondays said:
I really hope he goes to Spuds. Redknapp will feel he has to play him and I honestly believe they will be a weaker side if he gets a game.

Hope he gets lots of games for them......

My sentiments entirely, well past his sell by date, but will probably score at least one goal that will have Shearer and Liniker wanking themselves silly, and dreaming of their playing days!

Hope he goes to Spurs.

Takes pressure and attention away from us, and places it right in their lap. Plus he'll weaken their pacey attacks, which is their main threat.

I don't want to sign him, but he would actually benefit a team like ours, which is more reliant on passing ability than speed (or "kick and rush" if you're a northern team).

scousemanc said:
Please go to Spurs - instantly turn white hart lane into a circus - one title contender gone!

^^^
Please take the circus there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.