David Koresh - Waco

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Been watching this tv mini series (its the 25 year anniversary of Waco) and I have to say it is excellent, all the actors are superb and the pace and accuracy is very good, great direction. it seems safe to say that the producers have worked very hard to portray a historically fair and accurate narrative.

The ATF and FBI it seems handled thing badly, the ATF first with their all guns blazing approach. sadly 76 people (including babies and small children) eventually died.
The happenings at Waco have to this day far reaching effect within the US far right.
As a 2015 New York Times story looking at Waco’s influence wrote;

For right-wing militias and so-called Patriot groups, Waco amounts to evidence of a tyrannical, illegitimate government unblinkingly prepared to kill its own people ... the spectre of Waco has not faded. Right-wing extremists regularly invoke it as a defining moment, proof of Washington’s perfidy. “Waco can happen at any given time,” Mike Vanderboegh, a prominent figure in the Patriot movement, told Retro Report. He added ominously: “But the outcome will be different this time. Of that I can assure you.”

There was a good documentary about the Waco Incident called "Waco: Rules Of Engagement" that came out in the late ninties. It debunked a lot of aspects of the Feds version of what happened and was nominated for an Academy Award. Been a number of years since I've seen it. So I've no idea if critics have soured on the film or if better docs have come out that supplant it.

There was a good documentary about the Waco Incident called "Waco: Rules Of Engagement" that came out in the late ninties. It debunked a lot of aspects of the Feds version of what happened and was nominated for an Academy Award. Been a number of years since I've seen it. So I've no idea if critics have soured on the film or if better docs have come out that supplant it.
Watch this new one mate, its excellent.

Try the Jonestown documentaries as well, apparently Timothy McVey was at Waco protesting against ATF treatment and said
To have inspired him doing the bombing in 96

oklahoma is a good one on netflix that draws a line between ruby ridge, waco and the the oklahoma bombings.

(that oklahoma happened on the anniversary of waco and the fact he'd visited there, it's a fairly safe bet to say timothy mcveigh was 'inspired' by it)

I don't see any difference between most of the views on Waco lovers or any of the mainstream religions. Maybe mainstream religions are far right too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.