David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've dropped a bit of a bollock with this one, mate.

Against a packed Palace defence Silva absolutely ran the show for 67 minutes. We really missed him against The Shite who packed the defence, we needed someone to get on the ball high up the pitch in tights spaces. Far from not being effective against tight defences, he's actually the best I've ever seen in demanding the ball in tight spaces and opening teams up.

DeBruyne is more effective against teams that play a high line, allow him space to run in to or play an early direct ball. He often struggles against teams that sit deep and don't allow him any space. Whereas Silva is phenomenal in tight spaces and opening up packed defences. I'm bemused as to why you'd pick that out as something he's ineffective at - it's actually the attribute that makes him stand out as so special.
This is a bit of revisionist history.
1. Palace didn't park the bus
2. They had a makeshift defense with a winger and backup starting at CB.

Yes, Dave was great, but lets stay on fact.

This is a bit of revisionist history.
1. Palace didn't park the bus
2. They had a makeshift defense with a winger and backup starting at CB.

Yes, Dave was great, but lets stay on fact.

They parked the bus for 2 minutes....dave's volley is the reason they couldn't park it after that.

Sad face...

Although struggling with his ankles will play or is available to play Sunday. 2 more International friendlies then well deserved R&R

It is an absolute privilege to watch him play full stop. There was one moment on Tuesday night when he turned inside Fletcher (who had marked him most of the evening) in much the same way that a speedboat turns inside an oil tanker.

Every now and then I don't watch the game, I just watch Merlin. His movement, his anticipation, and the skill when he gets the ball is sublime.

The only downside about watching him play, especially in the flesh, is the sheer number of kicking she gets, with minimal protection. Makes me wonder whether some referees think "free kick" means you can kick a player in blue without a foul being awarded.

It is an absolute privilege to watch him play full stop. There was one moment on Tuesday night when he turned inside Fletcher (who had marked him most of the evening) in much the same way that a speedboat turns inside an oil tanker.

Every now and then I don't watch the game, I just watch Merlin. His movement, his anticipation, and the skill when he gets the ball is sublime.

The only downside about watching him play, especially in the flesh, is the sheer number of kicking she gets, with minimal protection. Makes me wonder whether some referees think "free kick" means you can kick a player in blue without a foul being awarded.
Glad you watch him so closely. Thought I was the only one. He's pretty good isn't he? Disciplined in his play as well which many wouldn't appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.