David Silva At His Best

Freestyler

Was tonight one of his best performances ever in a city shirt?

BY FAR the best player on the pitch, had a dodgy game against Villa in parts. Tonight he was unreal. That's the beauty of the lad, plays Villa and plays average. Turns it on against Madrid just 4 days later. Some have said stupidly he can't perform at the top level, i've never seen him tackle so well and he left Ronaldo red faced when he casually just side stepped the ball from him tonight and made 2 clean tackles which left him throwing his 150th tantrum of the game.

Sad to say, but when he's not on the pitch we look clueless at times and we shouldn't. The quality we have we should be just as good without him, we are not a one man team. In his absence it means unfortunately Tevez/Aguero have to pick the ball up on the halfway line to make something happen and take charge of the game.

He's a gifted lad, a pleasure to watch. Keep him fit and don't overplay him and we'll have a bloody good chance of retaining the title even more.

Freestyler said:

BY FAR the best player on the pitch, had a dodgy game against Villa in parts. Tonight he was unreal. That's the beauty of the lad, plays Villa and plays average. Turns it on against Madrid just 4 days later. Some have said stupidly he can't perform at the top level, i've never seen him tackle so well and he left Ronaldo red faced when he casually just side stepped the ball from him tonight and made 2 clean tackles which left him throwing his 150th tantrum of the game.

Sad to say, but when he's not on the pitch we look clueless at times and we shouldn't. The quality we have we should be just as good without him, we are not a one man team. In his absence it means unfortunately Tevez/Aguero have to pick the ball up on the halfway line to make something happen and take charge of the game.

He's a gifted lad, a pleasure to watch. Keep him fit and don't overplay him and we'll have a bloody good chance of retaining the title even more.

I totally agree, he was brilliant tonight. He's probably the reason we haven't got out of this group due to injuries he's picked up on International duty.

A wonderful player and i feel very fortunate to see him wear the blue of City.

We do need to work hard on tactics if he gets a niggle as we we need to be more flexible otherwise we are nullifying the idea of strength in depth which we have a lot of.

Freestyler said:

Completely agree, except regarding the Villa game. He was average in the first half in that game, but back to his sublime best in the second half.

Against Madrid he was clearly the best player on the pitch, the second half he was incredible. I like Martin Samuel, but he gave him a 6 tonight. I assume he was on heavy drugs.

By far the best City player on the pitch and looked like he was enjoying it. Just. Shame the others weren't on his level tonight. Not saying it was a bad team performance just that Silva was a class above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.