David Silva leaves City after 10 years

A City legend, rightly sitting beside King Colin as an all time great.

I know people say, for example, that Ronaldo is a ‘great’ of the game, but in my eyes there is much more to greatness than being a gifted player. It’s about how you present yourself, how you treat others, whether you walk with humility, and whether you represent your club in the best possible manner.

David encapsulates all these qualities, and I think this is why the love for him runs so deep.

They say that no player is irreplaceable. This is true. However, his parting gift, to players like Phil, is to teach our young players what true professionalism really means.

Although small in stature, David can rightfully walk tall as he leaves the club that he loves.

Thank you, David, for everything in the last 10 years. It’s been a privilege.

Last edited:
It may not but with the situation in Spain getting worse and the quarantine getting introduced there is a possibility UEFA could move it. FCO advice advises against all but essential travel to Spain and whilst we're not travelling to Spain could it force the Madrid players to have to isolate or will they get special dispensation.
I mean they will travel by private plane and can easily isolate themselves it's just a case of whether UEFA use this as a chance to move the game to a neutral venue probably Lisbon.
They’re exempted as elite athletes.

thumbnail

We’ll never forget you Merlin and your magic wand.

He is in my opinion the greatest player to ever pull on a Blue shirt. An absolute legend. If we somehow manage to win the CL he'll go down as an all time great

And the fact that Jordan fucking Henderson has a CL winners medal and not David is absolutely criminal

An absolute honour and pleasure watching him play over the last ten years.

Said goodbye to my dad on Friday and he's buried with his favourite City shirt. The home shirt of 13/14 with SILVA 21 as he was his favourite ever City player.

I'll probably shed a tear or 2 this afternoon thinking about the old man and because this is Silva's last home game.

Thank you David.
4c9b823553510d643a3c7dbb861643d7.jpg
45d3400c5ee6031f828bda39b9878b50.gif

@kippaxwarrior , sorry to hear about your dad. RIP and condolences to you and your family. David Silva is a true legend and your dad would be proud to know how well you have honoured his memory.

I know that I will be emotional this afternoon, I have the tissues ready. Probably even more than for Vinnie and Zaba as we can't give David the send off he deserves. But we will welcome him back for a testimonial match and he will get a true City welcome home.

Come on City. Like you that pass in the sick swan is my favourite assist from David.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.