David Silva leaves City after 10 years

Generally speaking, most people I’ve come across who have made moves overseas tend to continue to seek out new adventure once they’ve experienced it. When setting out in my career, I always thought I’d work overseas and then move back to Manchester once I had the money to afford somewhere nice, but can’t ever see it happening now. I love Manchester, but would get itchy feet very quickly if I moved back there.
Agree so much, I left Manchester for the far east 10 years ago, football apart there is no way I want to return.

Quite surprised really. For the last few seasons, it was made out he would return home after finishing up with us, and that is where his heart was set on. I guess i had built up that romantic notion.

Great move for him, from a footballing point, one of the top 6 clubs in a top european league, still in the champions league!, with decent players and ambition, and may well challenge in cup competitions. Culturally too, who wouldn't want to live there. Shame the club culture doesn't exactly reflect the two, and their fans are a bit extreme, but other than that, good move.

I guess what puts a surprise on it is, a)the romantic notion of his return home while he still has plenty to offer football wise is gone.
b)the way the media put 2 and 2 together when reporting we had offered a 1 year extension, and he chose lazio because they offered him 3 years that he wanted as guarantees over his future, tries to hint at an element (that i know isn't there) of the club not doing right by him.

Either way, didn't think he Should stay, time to move on as the legend he is rather than risk a season with a bit part role or with a drop, and i wish him absolutely all the best. He'll do well in italy, slower league. And will have edin and kola for company, outwith the dressing room. They can all get together watch us in big games.

Dave didn’t deserve a send off like that, he didn’t deserve Sterling missing that chance, he didn’t deserve a dodgy Lyon goal. Proper typical city like the last game at Maine road

We couldnt give any serious CL result to players like Yaya, Aguero, Kompany, David Silva. Not even a final.

That is very sad.

Fucking Tottenham has a final.

These knock out losses against lot lesser clubs are getting embarassing.

I would not care losing to Bayern, Juventus, Barca but Lyon, Moanco, Tottenham this is one or two level below that in general. I know Lyon just bet Juve now, but still French 7th club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.