David Silva leaves City after 10 years

We will all be watching out for Sociedad's results next season and if any matches are televised I would watch them.

The ground has been re-modelled and looks very nice, once this Covid virus passes a trip over to San Sebastian could be on the cards.

Some years ago I emailed City, someone, somewhere, and suggested a permanent wall of fame, representing through the ages past heroes and glories, something of a mural. They said it was something they would consider.
Of course space would have to be left for heroes and glories yet to come!!

Apparently according to facebook there is also going to be one for Vincent Kompany as well as David Silva. Has anyone heard or read anything about this statue for Vinny.

Love him as a man, and as a player, he was the best I've ever seen in sky blue.
That said, I don't like statues of players, really. Anywhere, at any ground. Especially when they're still alive.
A mosaic set in one of the approaches to the stadium might have been a good compromise.

Apparently according to facebook there is also going to be one for Vincent Kompany as well as David Silva. Has anyone heard or read anything about this statue for Vinny.
Yes, it is at the stage of preparation apparently.
I agree that statues when the person is still alive is a bit weird.
Hopefully, neither David Silva's nor Vinnie's ancestors were not involved in the slave trade. Though the Canaries did supply many sailors for sailing ships of the era. Also, Dutch shipyards constructed sailing ships subsequently used to transport slaves.
A mural would be more in keeping with present day concepts and can be added to as more glory is achieved.

EfuFBGwXoAEU3tj

EfuFjWEWAAIoIEj

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.