David Silva leaves City after 10 years

Naturally I’m biased towards David, as the Bell-Lee-Summerbee era was before my time, but he has to be the greatest player in the club’s entire history. Criminally underrated because of the club he plays for, only one player of the month award in the 120 months he’s been here. There must have been some truly sensational players in the Premier League over that time.

Bruno fucking Fernandes has more player of the month awards than David Silva. Let that sink in. As does Peter Odemwingie... THREE times as many, in fact.

Last edited:
We’ve had great ones, we’ve even had some exceptional ones but this little genius has consistently been a level above. I hope the lack of player of the month/year awards were a result of his clear disinterest in kissing the media’s arse - he totally got us.
We’ve been so lucky to have him for 10 years

Not going to be the same without him. First Vinny, now David and soon Sergio. The biggest disappointment is not being able to be there in person to thank him for everything. Never ever forget his commitment to the club, and playing through such emotional pain with his son in hospital. Not just a football genius, but a thoroughly decent man who gave his everything for us every game. Once a blue always a blue.

Starting to feel it now. Actually had a lump in my throat thinking about it yesterday. Being at the Etihad tomorrow would’ve been a choker for sure. I’m gonna be a mess when Serg leaves

Naturally I’m biased towards David, as the Bell-Lee-Summerbee era was before my time, but he has to be the greatest player in the club’s entire history. Criminally underrated because of the club he plays for, only one player of the month award in the 120 months he’s been here. There must have been some truly sensational players in the Premier League over that time.

Bruno fucking Fernandes has more player of the month awards than David Silva. Let that sink in. As does Peter Odemwingie... THREE times as many, in fact.
Well fucking said Trev

It's not the end yet but when the end does come it could coincide with the greatest moment in the history of this club.
I think our biggest enemy isn’t top sides like Real, Bayern etc, it’s a bent organisation that will do anything it can to stop us. We wont get a fair ref like the one at Real again in this year’s competition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.