David Silva leaves City after 10 years

DP1Yv9kU8AAZzN5.jpg

He is one of the finest players ever to play in England, let alone at City.

Personally, I don't like naming stands after players or managers, not matter how exceptional they are. I wouldn't have done it for Bell. Once you've used up your stands, they are fixed forever. Already you could ask if Bell gets one for being one of our best ever players should KdB get one? And who knows, maybe in a few year we bring a player through who eclipses Messi, Maradona, Pele etc... what do you do then?

Over the last few years we could've named stands after Bell, Kompany, Aguero and Silva and it just means that in future we can't do it for anyone. What if under the Sheikh's leadership we end up with the most league titles, CL titles, FA Cups etc - how would you honour that?

I think something like a statue with Kompany, Silva and Aguero is appropriate, but naming stands after players just feels wrong to me.

Agreed this would be the most fitting, those 3 deserve special recognition above all others for their achievements.

Im sure some who watched Bell play (I didnt) will still say he is the best ever but for me David Silva is the best ever player to play for us. I cant imagine I will see anyone better.

The word legend is thrown around far too often and for me there are very few. Kompany is one, Aguero will be another but David Silva is up there for the club and the premiership as a whole.

I hope the club will give him the recognition he deserves. He (along with Vinnie Kompany and Sergio when he finishes) do deserve statues. They deserve every accolade they get and Silva has to be up there as THE most influential player in premiership history.

Bell ‘was’ the greatest I’d seen for City... he has now been surpassed by Silva imo

the media/sports writters and the PFA hang your heads in shame in not giving this great player the top awards in the ten years he's been in the premier league because he plays for manchester city ? you bunch of ****s

if david silva played for utd or liverpool he would be have won 5 or 6 or more PFA and writters awards and even would have been ballon d' winner, credit should never have been in question looking at what silva has won in the ten years ? but hatefulness to the club means sadly only manchester city fans will be talking about this player long after am walking on this earth

I thought it was great today that even the linesman/assistant referee even clapped him off when he was subbed.. that is respect and I’ve never seen that happen before

Watching the city game on my phone in the local club for personal reasons
Everyone else watching utd on big screen
When I said silva is being subbed they were clapping
Fair fucks

The best I've ever seen at City. The best I've seen in the PL. That pass to Dzeko, killing a ball out of the sky at Goodison (I swear the entire ground went silent in awe for a second or two)...

Too many moments and I'm just too emotional to focus on them all right now.

Cheers, David.

Im sure some who watched Bell play (I didnt) will still say he is the best ever but for me David Silva is the best ever player to play for us. I cant imagine I will see anyone better.

The word legend is thrown around far too often and for me there are very few. Kompany is one, Aguero will be another but David Silva is up there for the club and the premiership as a whole.

I hope the club will give him the recognition he deserves. He (along with Vinnie Kompany and Sergio when he finishes) do deserve statues. They deserve every accolade they get and Silva has to be up there as THE most influential player in premiership history.
I'm 65 so i was fortunate enough to see Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Doyle, Oaks, Pardoe ect the game is a lot different now so much faster and you don't get the crap playing surfaces they had to put up with in the winter, so taking that into account i think Silva and Bell were on the same level

2 years in Saudi Arabia then he will call it a day, dont think he will even want to become a coach he will just do his own thing & chill out in Grenada on the beach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.