David Silva leaves City after 10 years

It's a nice looking shirt, no sponsor, little Basque flag on the back, one of the cooler crests.

Might have to pick one up in San Sebastian if the crowds are allowed back next spring.
It’s a very nice shirt.

Just looks absolutely awful on David...

I think when it came to the crunch he just decided to put his and his family's needs first and this move does that as opposed to Lazio.
He's earnt the right to make that choice and I hope it turns out to be fantastic for them all.
Goodbye and Thank you, David.

So much I could say and so much I want to say but I will bite my lip.

Thanks to the ones that have supported my friend over the past magnificent 10 years.

He is sad and angry right now. Like most of us left bemused by the 5 at the back tonight but let's not sour things.

I just want you to know he has told me from the dressing room "it has been an honour to play for this club".

He has tonight moved into the top 10 of all time City appearances.

Greatness is measured by achievement, skill and longevity. He has accomplished all 3.

He let his football do the talking, I am sure we will be talking about him in decades to come.

I wish I could have shared more with you over the years but at the end of the day he is a friend and I have respected his privacy at all times.

David will always have City in his heart.

Thanks

One of the things I have had the privilege of doing over the years is watch David. Usually, during a game, I watch what happens to the ball, like we all do, but sometimes for just 5 or 10 minutes during a game I would just watch David, watching his runs, the positions he took, what he did after he received the ball and moved it on. Sometimes I would think ‘why has he gone there?’ Or ‘why didn’t he make that run?’ And four passes later I would find out why.

I said to my lad once, he puts me in mind of an air traffic controller, in that he’s constantly thinking about the patterns, and anticipating where everyone will be in 10 seconds’ time. ‘If he makes that run and the ball goes left, there will be a big space over there for X to run into’. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I understood his game, I just started to understand how much I didn’t understand.

The last time I saw him live was at Wembley, winning another trophy. It was a fitting ‘one last time’ moment though I didn’t realise it for what it was at the time.

if you ever get the chance, please pass on to David what a joy it has been to watch him over the years, and how grateful so many of us are that he was part of our club. It has been a privilege to watch a player of his skill and intelligence over such a long period.

Looks like I'll be watching more Real Sociedad games next season. I wonder how and where they'll use him on the pitch.

And the whole Lazio thing is hysterical. Tare coming across as an entitled little crybaby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.