David Silva's Armband

trublue55

Please don't rip into me for a) looking at the Daily Mail, and b) taking one of its articles seriously, but i am a newsagent, and you've got to read something with breakfast.

There is a small article in todays paper claiming deluded dipper fans have made official complaint to both City and the Premier League with regards to the fact that David removed an ill-fitting armband, that kept slipping.

Not sure if they are seeking a points deduction, or a multi-million pound donation to the Hillsborough Fund?

I know there is already a large thread about my next point, but to accuse Silva of disrespecting their memorial, is hypocritical (to put it mildly) when put alongside constant booing, for no more than being in possession. I suspect most of us have booed the occasional rag or referee, but a whole team, for the whole match?

trublue55 said:
Please don't rip into me for a) looking at the Daily Mail, and b) taking one of its articles seriously, but i am a newsagent, and you've got to read something with breakfast.

There is a small article in todays paper claiming deluded dipper fans have made official complaint to both City and the Premier League with regards to the fact that David removed an ill-fitting armband, that kept slipping.

Not sure if they are seeking a points deduction, or a multi-million pound donation to the Hillsborough Fund?

I know there is already a large thread about my next point, but to accuse Silva of disrespecting their memorial, is hypocritical (to put it mildly) when put alongside constant booing, for no more than being in possession. I suspect most of us have booed the occasional rag or referee, but a whole team, for the whole match?

Agreed that this whole armband thing is absurd, BUT, I have no idea how that in any way relates to them booing us, or makes them hypocritical.

The booing was moronic more than anything else- to boo a team for 90 minutes just shows the level of brain power they have. It was nothing to do with disrespect, just to put our team under pressure.

I've noticed that every person who comes on telly these days has some kind of lapel badge. They cannot make an appearance without making some kind of statement that appears to have nothing to do with the purpose of their appearance.

I couldn't give a shite about a slack armband.

I thought the booing was pretty effective in intimidating us. Well done to them for creatinthg such an atmosphere.

As for the armband. Jesus wept. Is this really of such great concern to them? I wish I had that much spare time.

If they actually complain about this, it will just how how pathetic they are.

They love to play the victim role yet have no respect for anyone else.

Its classic attention.seeking.

Ds is one of the calmest, most respectful.players out there.

The ones that are going on about this are just pathetic in my eyes.

Hilsborough was a tragedy and what happened during and after was disgusting but looking to link it to every single action is offensive to the poor souls who died that day..<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:36 am --<br /><br />They love to play the victim role yet have no respect for anyone else.

Its classic attention.seeking.

Ds is one of the calmest, most respectful.players out there.

The ones that are going on about this are just pathetic in my eyes.

Hilsborough was a tragedy and what happened during and after was disgusting but looking to link it to every single action is offensive to the poor souls who died that day..

jonmcity said:
If they actually complain about this, it will just how how pathetic they are.

They are. It's just absurd. It doesn't show disrespect at all- it was in ill fitting armband. He observed the silence etc before the game- had he have been doing something during that then fine. He hardly took it off in a direct attempt to be offensive.

I would say I can't believe this, but I almost can.

Plus, didn't Gerrard take his off?

If they do put in a complaint after the amount of respect we showed them compared to the total lack of respect many of them showed us, I think we should just simplify it by officially saying that, due to the offence caused, we won't bother wearing armbands in the future.

And that they can go fuck themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.