David Villa Leaves NYCFC

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
David Villa Departs New York City Football Club

Bringing the curtain down on an incredible four years with New York City Football Club, David Villa will leave NYCFC at the end of his contract on December 31, 2018.

The Club’s first-ever player and Captain will announce the next destination in his glittering playing career in the coming days.

The Spanish World Cup winner, who departs after scoring 80 goals in 124 MLS appearances for the Boys in Blue, paid tribute to the Club and the supporters.
——————————————————————————

Not a bad return and, admittedly, one of my favourite players to watch, especially as he is only a few years older than me and really became a force at Zaragoza, so I grew up following him.

37 in a few days so hardly surprising.
Might be good for NYC, they'll have to come up with a better gameplan than 'give it to Villa and hope he scores'.

37 in a few days so hardly surprising.
Might be good for NYC, they'll have to come up with a better gameplan than 'give it to Villa and hope he scores'.
Yeah, at that age you have nothing left to give the world... ;-)

Can't do it anymore, I'd rather clean the kitchen.
Those last few matches were truly woeful.

Sorry to see Villa move on to semi-retirement like that.
I only watched because it was late, there was football on, and I hadn't finished my wine bottle, can't see me bothering again, especially with David Villa to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.