David White appreciation thread

SK14BLUE

Team supported
Manchester City
I’ll keep it short. David White is hardly ever mentioned on here, but for me personally, he was an outstanding footballer blessed with pace and a rare ability to pass the ball at pace acrooss the goalkeeper into the opposite comer of the net. Wrong time wrong place is a analogy that sums it up for me.

I’ll keep it short. David White is hardly ever mentioned on here, but for me personally, he was an outstanding footballer blessed with pace and a rare ability to pass the ball at pace acrooss the goalkeeper into the opposite comer of the net. Wrong time wrong place is a analogy that sums it up for me.

Underrated player, no doubt. He was a shining light in a, mostly, difficult period.

Underrated player, no doubt. He was a shining light in a, mostly, difficult period.
He was underrated at the time and I thought if he would have played for the rags or dippers he would have got more caps for England,plus what’s come out about the sexual abuse in football at that time recently, you’ve got to think he could and probably would have been even better. He must be a strong person to do what he did all things considered.

Never forget his goal against the dippers, first home game under Reid. Thank god we had a Russian linesman

It was the first home game of the new season. Reid was in charge the year before and brought Keith Curle in during the summer.

The wait was excruciating as we waited for confirmation from the ref/linesmen.

My first hero DW as a young lad, I’d stand at the bottom of the Kippax one half & top the next for a better view, in today’s game he’d be deadly playing from the left & finding the bottom corners. Should be very proud of what he achieved in football & forget about what could’ve been, he will always be part of that 0.0001% who make it to the top

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.