David White

kp789

How good was he? Albeit I am not old enough to remember seeing him play, but from old city games that I see, he has always struck me as a fantastic player in a group of brilliant prospects such as Lake, Brightwell, Hinchcliffe, etc. Or am I mistaken?

He was very good for us. Scored a lotband would be a 15 million pound player now. Miserable fat bastard now mind.

Very good . But I always thought he could have worked harder . Not as good as Paul Lake in the work rate .

He was fast,strong,decent finisher in the end,played for England once but missed an early chance in a friendly v Spain,and never got another chance.

Everyone seemed to love him,, I personally thought he was a speed merchant with nowt else ,,, very, very overrated as his England performance shown.

he was fast as fuck,we very nearly always attacked the north stand in the second half at maine road and he`d be bombing it down the wing with the kippax roaring him on..
had an eye for goal as well as being a big fucker,gutted when we sold him to leeds but getting david rocastle as part ex softened the blow some what but whitey always did alright for us..

gordondaviesmoustache said:
His lack of skill would have been cruelly exposed in the modern game.

A 1990's player who was very much "of his time".
Spot on . He was quick though .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.