De Bruyne equals PL assists record

Well done Kev, quite a player you are sharing this with.
Next year you can beat it.

Kev has his say
Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne on equalling Thierry Henry's record for 20 assists in a single Premier League season: "I have got two more – you guys took two away from me that I am still claiming so for me I was already above (Thierry).

"It is what it is. I need my team-mates, obviously I am creating for them to score, and I am grateful when they do. It is nice to have (the record) and it is nice to have it with Thierry."
:)

Not heard or seen it on any media outlet but Kev's two assists in the second half took him to 21 breaking Thierry Henry's record. The second one for Mahrez was a bit of a scuff or deflection but seeing as he's had two assists struck off this season because his pass took a deflection off a defender then that has to count.

Well done Kev. Two great goals too.
Oh dear, you're in for a big let down.

He shares it with Henry, but do remember that this was NOT given as a KDB assist:

By Opta's own definition that is an assist.

If the final touch (as defined in bold) is deflected by an opposition player, the initiator is only given a goal assist if the receiving player was likely to receive the ball without the deflection having taken place.
It fits the criteria to be credited.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.