De Bruyne injury - Back in Training (p89)

Better now with the run of games and international break than later into the season.

Exactly.

There's no good time for an injury, but assuming it's not a long term Mendy/Gundogan type injury, and just a couple of months, this is not the worst time.

- Our next 6 games are the 3 promoted sides + 3 sides promoted last season. Liverpool game is 8 weeks away, and is followed by a 2 week international break.

- Bernardo is playing out of his skin - "At the moment the team is Bernardo + 10 others".

- KDB will get a proper rest after the world cup which might pay dividends in March/April/May.

Hopefully though it'll be like the Sané injury vs. Cardiff - suspected 2 months out, back in 17 days.

There's never a good time for a key player to get a lengthy injury but if one existed it would probably be now. His potential replacements are fit and ready, he hasn't had a good break for over a year and he wont miss many important games. We could benefit from this towards the tail end of the season. It's key Spanish Dave is back fully fit asap though. I think we can cope with one missing as we still the have genius of the other and their replacement is of a top class standard too but if both are out we will see a fairly significant drop off. Bernardo will get his chance to shine in the middle. I'd love for ginger kev to come back from injury and not be guaranteed to go straight back in.

Not the worst time fixture wise and we are well stocked in that particular area so I’m not as suicidal as I could be.

How has this 2 months business come out without him having a scan? Its almost impossible to asses ligament damage or grade of muscle injury without a scan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.