De Bruyne kicking a ball again

Would you believe, by the way, that Marc Wilmots, the Belgian national coach, picked Fellaini to replace De Bruyne as number 10 when Belgium played Portugal last week? Could you name any player that is less suited in a number 10 role?
Still brings a tear to my eye when I think about it, don't know if from laughter or from pain ...
And some up here think Pellegrini is bad ...

Garys brother?

OTE="Pell not Pep ;-), post: 9314790, member: 67032"]Kompany was injured in the 8th minute...oh hang on that's Pellegrinis fault....he should have played him for 7 minutes only....DER![/QUOTE]
Der?
What the fuck are you on about?

Bet player in the league for me, he has so much to his game, and if it wasn't for his injury, could well have hit 20 goals and 20 assists this season.
Too soon to tell imo. There's been a lot of games, especially away from home, where his contribution has been questioned, sometimes deservedly other times not. Needs a consistent title winning season to be truly the best.

(edit) Obviously, just looking at him in terms of potential, yes, he's up there with the very best!

Too soon to tell imo. There's been a lot of games, especially away from home, where his contribution has been questioned, sometimes deservedly other times not. Needs a consistent title winning season to be truly the best.

(edit) Obviously, just looking at him in terms of potential, yes, he's up there with the very best!
Sensible answer that mate. Calling him the best player in the league after missing huge parts of it is hyperbole at its best. Especially when the games he has played have resulted in a couple of stinkers.
I'd love him to eventually be in a position to be called the outright best, as it stands though he's just a very good player who we're lucky to have.

Bet player in the league for me, he has so much to his game, and if it wasn't for his injury, could well have hit 20 goals and 20 assists this season.

He does have lots of qualities in his game. Some of them are obvious (his 2 volleys against Bournemouth, first touch,...), some of them are less obvious. I remember one of his collegues once saying that one of KDB's best qualities is his off-the-ball-movement. When playing in a central role, he will always find space and find a way to be dangerous when receiving the ball.

His play for the Aguero-goal at Bournemouth was a good example : he drifts wide in the same area as Navas. Because of this, Bournemouth's left back has no other option then to back off and try to contain the situation.

When his performance level fell away a little it was apparent that he had been playing full games in every single game. For a new player in this league I believe they need to be managed a little more carefully than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.