De Bruyne out for 10 weeks

It'll be daft if we dont try and bring a player in. So much to play for and now two attacking midfielders down and one in Silva who can't really be playing three games a week.

I know its a major loss and he is a game changer but I reckon the team will be more balanced in his absence. I don't think Silva and Kevin in the same team has clicked properly yet so this injury will force our hand somewhat and hopefully might be a blessing in disguise for the time being. Saying that I'm absolutely gutted he is out. I reckon we can cope more with him out rather than Aguero. Its when Komps and Sergio are out we have no adequate like for like replacement

To call any player's injury a blessing in disguise is quite shameful for me, regardless how you see it.

That said, I don't agree with your point about balance for the team either. It depends on how you position them and I thought last night with Fernandinho behind Silva & De Bruyne and Sterling, Navas out wide worked really well.

If anything, his injury will cost City points, him being one of the only players for the moment who can actually score goals and deliver assists.

And with Yaya running out of energy, Silva's form dipping a bit, central midfield area may well become a serious problem.

I hope not!

24B0F33400000578-2913215-image-m-80_1421413975466.jpg

Haha. Bony wasn't bought as injury cover mate and right now, im struggling to see why he was bought at all if im being honest?

He is a very good player and like Edin before, a player that will always get goals but he just isnt suited to the way we play.

If its back in 6 weeks, I think that's good, if its back training in 6 weeks, that'll be 8 weeks, that's late March, either way its touch and go for the derby on 20th, and currently we don't play again till April 2nd (I expect there is a international week, lets hope he's not "back" just for that, and goes off to play for Belgium.

That said I think KdB will benefit from a bit of a rest, he's been over played for me (understandably as he's such a quality player), and had been looking a bit jaded.

Its a lot better than it sounded about 9:40 yesterday evening though, so I'm going to take it as a positive, and with modern training and recovery methods you never know.

nasri does not replicate what kdb brings to the table, regardless nasri is not close to training yet. i think kdb will be a minimum 6 weeks, probably 7-8 weeks until he is back playing games and that is most likely optimistic.

if isco is in fact available for 25 mil you have to go out and get him, yaya is done and last night when he came out of the game the team looked balanced and worked well. in my mind all we need to do is replace kdb with isco and the team can continue to be balanced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.