De Jong - The Kingmaker

GaudinoMotors said:
Fair points - but i'd rather free up players like Yaya, Silva and to some extent Barry - to do what they are better out creating and playing in the attack - That is what De Jong brings.
I think what you suggest will happen from time to time due to rotation and I think it is too early for me to say losing De Jong will be detrimental. All I can comment on are the qualities and improvements he has brought since his arrival.

The way I am looking at it is, if we were at home against a team we expect to beat - which is most nowadays, after 70 minutes which I do expect to happen once or twice when teams come to try and get a point, we had done all the attacking but not broken them down. We would look to change it. The likely sub would be a defensive midfielder off for an attacking/creative midfielder or a striker.

Which would be De Jong for Silva/Jo/Ade/Johnson or whatever. So Im saying why wait, start with the creative player.

I will admit though that last night i was disheartened by the teamsheet and even put money on a draw (i had already put money on a win prior to the teams being announced) and really it was quite an attacking display so I will of course trust Mancini.

bluemoonmatt said:
Once again he did exactly what he was there for. A superb player, the only shame is on the idiots who don't fully understand football and seem to think he should be weighing in with 10 goals a season.

hmmm, Nigel was indeed excellent last night. However pointing out that we didnt half get overun in alot of games last season and he was invisible apart from a few money shot sliding tackles doesnt make me an idiot or not fully understand football.

He needs to consistently put in that kind of performance defensively, of course sometimes your only as good as the players around you, and no doubt last nights formation played a big role - all our midfield looked good.

I'm not too fussed about his passing, the reason it was better last night is that we finally had people to pass to. Toure, Johnson and Milner constantly available has made a huge difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.