De Niro wtf!!!!!

Saying Pacino got "a bit shouty" is like saying Geddy Lee's voice is "just a trifle high."

Pacino became a caricature of himself before De Niro did, IMO. And turned down Goodfellas to be in Dick Tracy. And did Scarface, which is two and a half hours of histrionics and gunfire.

Thanks for making me Google Geddy Lee :-)

Always been a bit one dimensional, straight faced actor. Not much else to him. This is about as diverse as his acting has ever been.

Always been a bit one dimensional, straight faced actor. Not much else to him. This is about as diverse as his acting has ever been.

He's a much better comedic actor than Pacino -- trying to think of Pacino doing any comedies (Scarface, which is unintentionally funny, doesn't count).

And Taxi Driver -- a man going over the edge is not one-dimensional. And in Goodfellas too -- the whole point of the Jimmy Conway character is that he is so TWO-dimensional -- Jimmy the Gent one minute, a complete stone-cold murderer the next, as Jimmy Burke was in real life.

Agree with others about "Midnight Run" which is up there among the most underrated films I can think of, though TBF Charles Grodin steals the film away from De Niro which tells you how good Grodin was.

Pacino was funny in heat:

It's funny that he is about to say big, but then changes it to great, dunno what that's all about

Don't know if it applies to De Niro but a number of actors lost money in the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme. I always think of that when I see Kevin Bacon and Harvey Keitel in shit adverts.

Just checked and there's a film about the fraud in which De Niro stars as Madoff which is indicative, especially as Malkovich is in it and he was definitely a known victim. Poor buggers.

Last edited:
The once great actor and hero of mine seems to be desperate to erase any credibility he once had. I could put up with the camp sailor thing, the embarrassing focker thing, the cringeworthy grandad thing, even warburtons bread(you would have thought someone would have told him how to pronounce it)

But the last straw dressed up like a twat flogging KIa cars. How much money do you need before you die?

He along with others lost money with Bernie Madoff and he wasn't the best paid actor either.

Don't know if it applies to De Niro but a number of actors lost money in the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme. I always think of that when I see Kevin Bacon and Harvey Keitel in shit adverts.

Just checked and there's a film about the fraud in which De Niro stars as Madoff which is indicative, especially as Malkovich is in it and he was definitely a known victim. Poor buggers.

Yes he did.

Must say that I find his Warburtons ad very funny!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.