De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveCity

DDR would definitely be a here and now signing (like van Persie) but we've stocked up on some high-end youth prospects from the ages of 15 to 17 in the last year and the club will hope some of those like Suarez, Rekik, and the new signing Ntcham will be able to progress to the first team eventually, so signing experience would not be a short-sighted move with the knowledge we have a good core of youth (and if that all goes tits up, we aren't short of a penny to quickly rectify a problem).

Re: De Rossi

I hope we can convince De Rossi to join us if we can agree a fee with Roma.

TonyM said:
DeRossi would be a decent pickup especially with Barry injured. He's a bit old and slow these days but his determination makes up for that. Well worth a bid of 15m (euros).

Once a WUM, always a WUM.

Andouble said:
Adam-mcfc said:
LoveCity said:
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/roma/?action=read&idnet=dm9jZWdpYWxsb3Jvc3NhLml0LTQxMzkz

This Italian journalist claims in the last hours we've bid €40million for De Rossi. Having signed Rodwell does anyone really think we might still be in for a midfielder or is Rodwell seen more as a long-term investment meaning Bob might want De Rossi also?
Would be a great signing. Yaya and De Rossi at CM would be completely unmatchable in world football as far as all around play.

But we'd be left with 3 30ish year olds and one unproven lad in Rodwell. I can't imagine Nige sticking around for more than a year if De Rossi is here, if even that. We'd have to reinvest in midfield in a few years or hope Biton(did we ever sign him?), Razak, Rodwell, etc turn out to be great players.

In the end I can't see it happening. Rodwell seems to be the cheap alternative to DDR and long term Barry replacement.

Still have Milner, and it's not like after this summer we'll never buy again - when Yaya get on we will replenish, of course.

Inter won the CL a few years ago with an aged squad, not to mention DDR and Yaya are both 2 years or so away from 30!
True, but Mancini doesn't seem to rate Milner as a CM but that may just because Barry and Yaya are guaranteed starters and we only need two in most games.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love us to sign De Rossi I think he's fantastic and his defensive quality seems like it would compliment Yaya very well. However it just seems unlikely after the purchase of Rodwell. If we can though, we should defo go for him.

Tevez City said:
Not needed.
7zokn6t9.gif

oakiecokie said:
carlos92 said:
I hope we can convince De Rossi to join us if we can agree a fee with Roma.

Right Khaldoon time to get that silver tongue of yours into overdrive my son.

Well he did seal the Aguero deal so that could be promising. I just don't want to build my hopes on this one.

I'm in agreement with adam here there's a pretty large gap we have with our CM/CDMs if we were to buy de Rossi. Assuming we bought DDR Nigel would almost definitely be gone either now or prolly January after him and I guess if u wanna say Milner(he hasn't really played deep recently and bobby mainly plays him on wing which is fine) but anyway after that there's a substantial age and experience gap. We just got rodwell who we're assuming is going to be used as CDM and then we have razak coming up. Buying DDR is great but god forbid he gets injured during the time yaya is away at afcon we'd be up a river without a paddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.