De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Rossi would be an exceptional signing, but I remain sceptical that a deal will be done. I hope I'm proved wrong.

"Sky Sports understands fuck all"

"Sky Sports understands MCFC have met with De Rossi's agent and are preparing an offer"

"All hail the messiah! Sky sports! Sky sports!!"

Re: Sky Sports reporting City in talks with De Rossi's Agent

St Ives blue said:
blue underpants said:
Sign De Rossi and a keeper as cover for Hart cause Pants is well lets face it pants and lets go from there see how it pans out first 2 matches if bobby needs anymore sign them

...one mistake in the charity shield and instantly he's not up to scratch as Joe's cover!?

Pants is a fantastic back up keeper.. why dont we get rid of Kun too as he missed an open goal..

alky313 said:
blink922 said:
alky313 said:
Hmmm I could see this in some games:

-------------Zabaleta----------De Rossi-------------Kompany---------------
Richards----------------------------------------------------------------Kolarov
------------------------Yaya------------------Nasri------------------------------
-----------------------------------Silva--------------------------------------------
-----------------------Aguero----------------Tevez------------------------------

Tonnes of with and guile. Perhaps Barry when he comes back but I can see Nasri patrolling even deeper.

Why would we drop one of the leagues best CBs and replace him with a makeshift CB?

Because, like we saw in the Community Shield, 3 at the back requires players capable of distributing the ball as well as intercepting it. Agger and De Rossi led the Euros with interceptions. This is the kind of stat you can actually sink your teeth into.

We aren't going to need Lescott in big matches, muscling players off of the ball. We need players capable of interceptions off of the high press. Something that Barcelona and Bayern to a lesser extent have mastered. We are now a team who lives and dies off of the ball.

Despite Lescott's impressive perfomances we are coming to a crux in our development. We may have to sacrafice individuals, who despite their incredible performances, are inevitably impeding on our growth club wide.
Bloody hell, 'impeding on our growth club wide', 'sacrifice' after 'impressive' and 'incredible performances'. If some of these players have been so incredible why would we want to change them?

I think people need to get out of their Fantasy League shell. Luckily, this is the weekend to bring people back round.

please khaldhoon if you`re reading this thread please sign de rossi!! absolutely stunning player!

The Future's Blue said:
alky313 said:
blink922 said:
Why would we drop one of the leagues best CBs and replace him with a makeshift CB?

Because, like we saw in the Community Shield, 3 at the back requires players capable of distributing the ball as well as intercepting it. Agger and De Rossi led the Euros with interceptions. This is the kind of stat you can actually sink your teeth into.

We aren't going to need Lescott in big matches, muscling players off of the ball. We need players capable of interceptions off of the high press. Something that Barcelona and Bayern to a lesser extent have mastered. We are now a team who lives and dies off of the ball.

Despite Lescott's impressive perfomances we are coming to a crux in our development. We may have to sacrafice individuals, who despite their incredible performances, are inevitably impeding on our growth club wide.
Bloody hell, 'impeding on our growth club wide', 'sacrifice' after 'impressive' and 'incredible performances'. If some of these players have been so incredible why would we want to change them?

I think people need to get out of their Fantasy League shell. Luckily, this is the weekend to bring people back round.

I think some people need to watch our development in the preseason... Doesn't quite looks like were going to be playing 4-2-3-1 for the vast majority of our matches. I also do believe that Zabaleta has played a considerable role in our back 3. And as seen elsewhere... No defined position has been set for any player.

Re: Sky Sports reporting City in talks with De Rossi's Agent

samharris said:
St Ives blue said:
blue underpants said:
Sign De Rossi and a keeper as cover for Hart cause Pants is well lets face it pants and lets go from there see how it pans out first 2 matches if bobby needs anymore sign them

...one mistake in the charity shield and instantly he's not up to scratch as Joe's cover!?

Pants is a fantastic back up keeper.. why dont we get rid of Kun too as he missed an open goal..

Must admit he's always worried me.

richards30 said:
please khaldhoon if you`re reading this thread please sign de rossi!! absolutely stunning player!

Well he was sitting on the fence before, but I think that's swung it.

De Rossi is an exceptional player but over £30 million for a 29yr old. Its a bit wrong

Then again we haven't offered jack all for anyone at the moment so we will see

alky313 said:
The Future's Blue said:

I think some people need to watch our development in the preseason... Doesn't quite looks like were going to be playing 4-2-3-1 for the vast majority of our matches. I also do believe that Zabaleta has played a considerable role in our back 3. And as seen elsewhere... No defined position has been set for any player.
But what you are saying is that we need to sign Agger and De Rossi to see your Fantasy Team take shape?

You also say that Agger was awesome during the Euros yet they didn't even get out of the Groups. Saying that, they did beat Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.