Dead Neighbour

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stonerblue, 22 Mar 2020.

1. stonerblue

stonerblue

After being concerned about a friend and neighbour of mine for the last few days me and another neighbour went round to her house to investigate.
    I have a key for the front door but couldn't unlock it as there was a key in the inside of the lock. We went round the back and climbed over the gate and found the back door unlocked. At this point my mate stops me and says he's not going in the house. I open the door and the smell nearly knocked me off my feet. As i went further into the kitchen the other bloke spots her purse and phone on the table and i notice the tap is running. At this point i decide to get out of the house and we call the cops.
    Fast forward an hour and the coppers knock on my door and tell me they've found her dead in the bathroom. Then they ask me if i'm willing to identify the body, warning me that it's not a pretty sight. I agree to and we go upstairs. I had to look at the body for quite a long time as it was difficult to make out her features, but could eventually confirm it was her.
    Not the nicest afternoon i've ever had but i had no problem dealing with what i'd seen. The smell though will probably live with me for a long time.

DRINKLEVEDRY and PinkFinal like this.
  2. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

What age was the lady stoner and have they any idea as to how long she had passed away.If her features were difficult then I assume a fair few weeks ?
    Sorry to hear about her mate.

3. chesterbells

chesterbells

Good heavens. Did she have any relatives nearby?
    Sad story- reflects well on you that you were worried about her though mate. Did the police say how long they thought she’d been dead?
    Hope you’re feeling ok anyway

ADVERTISEMENT

4. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

5. Mayor West

Mayor West

Dont suppose you would know if it was Corona related yet would you

6. jazzy

jazzy

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I found my next door neighbor dead in his flat in 2004 , The really sad part is at his funeral there was only me and 1 other person as he had no family .

7. chesterbells

chesterbells

Yes, that’s grim.

8. bobmcfc

bobmcfc

So sorry, That must have been such a shock. Hope you’re ok

9. Scottyboi

Scottyboi

Done that when I worked for the council mate it's grim, also had to change the floorboards from one where a body had been decomposing on top of it. Awful stuff man gives you nightmares!

10. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

There is no smell like it. I see probably 4 dead bodies a week on average and have for pushing 20 years, but you never get used to the smell of a decomposing one. Awful. It clings to you as well. If you struggle with what you saw in time then speak to someone about it. Not sure the police officer should have had you identidy her there mind. In fact I know he shouldn't.

Gelsons Dad and Scottyboi like this.