Dead Neighbour

After being concerned about a friend and neighbour of mine for the last few days me and another neighbour went round to her house to investigate.
I have a key for the front door but couldn't unlock it as there was a key in the inside of the lock. We went round the back and climbed over the gate and found the back door unlocked. At this point my mate stops me and says he's not going in the house. I open the door and the smell nearly knocked me off my feet. As i went further into the kitchen the other bloke spots her purse and phone on the table and i notice the tap is running. At this point i decide to get out of the house and we call the cops.
Fast forward an hour and the coppers knock on my door and tell me they've found her dead in the bathroom. Then they ask me if i'm willing to identify the body, warning me that it's not a pretty sight. I agree to and we go upstairs. I had to look at the body for quite a long time as it was difficult to make out her features, but could eventually confirm it was her.
Not the nicest afternoon i've ever had but i had no problem dealing with what i'd seen. The smell though will probably live with me for a long time.
Hope that memory doesn't stick in your head too much.

This is why I always say to people when they say fell out with mum and dad etc, life’s to short you can’t say I love you or sorry when they’ve gone

The lady was in her 60's and in decent health but hadn't been seen for at least a week. No suspicious circumstances and they think she's fallen and smacked her head. Medic said she'd been dead for quite a while. She has no family anyone knows of apart from friends in the pub.

There is no smell like it. I see probably 4 dead bodies a week on average and have for pushing 20 years, but you never get used to the smell of a decomposing one. Awful. It clings to you as well. If you struggle with what you saw in time then speak to someone about it. Not sure the police officer should have had you identidy her there mind. In fact I know he shouldn't.
They asked if i was willing due to lack of relatives and time and said if not would i go to the morgue at a later date.
Said to the coppers i didn't envy their job one bit when they see stuff like this all the time. Also offered me counselling after the event but no need.
What do you do unc'?

They asked if i was willing due to lack of relatives and time and said if not would i go to the morgue at a later date.
Said to the coppers i didn't envy their job one bit when they see stuff like this all the time. Also offered me counselling after the event but no need.
What do you do unc'?

The sad part is when you die alone and nobody misses you

The lady was in her 60's and in decent health but hadn't been seen for at least a week. No suspicious circumstances and they think she's fallen and smacked her head. Medic said she'd been dead for quite a while. She has no family anyone knows of apart from friends in the pub.

The sad thing,she could off been alive after the fall,but with no family or friends visiting her,
It just shows you how important it is to check on the vulnerable,last year I stopped going for a beer after work for 2wks,no one seen us,was surprised how many people phoned us to see if I was ok..

After being concerned about a friend and neighbour of mine for the last few days me and another neighbour went round to her house to investigate.
I have a key for the front door but couldn't unlock it as there was a key in the inside of the lock. We went round the back and climbed over the gate and found the back door unlocked. At this point my mate stops me and says he's not going in the house. I open the door and the smell nearly knocked me off my feet. As i went further into the kitchen the other bloke spots her purse and phone on the table and i notice the tap is running. At this point i decide to get out of the house and we call the cops.
Fast forward an hour and the coppers knock on my door and tell me they've found her dead in the bathroom. Then they ask me if i'm willing to identify the body, warning me that it's not a pretty sight. I agree to and we go upstairs. I had to look at the body for quite a long time as it was difficult to make out her features, but could eventually confirm it was her.
Not the nicest afternoon i've ever had but i had no problem dealing with what i'd seen. The smell though will probably live with me for a long time.
you've done everything right mate. The world needs folks like you. Terrible circumstances. all my best to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.