Dead Neighbour

I found a neighbour dead on our road. It was the day of the 1981 cup final. I think I was going to the shop to get some sweets or something, and I found Mr B from 5 doors up lying across the grass verge and into the gutter with his face upturned. It was pissing down and he was a purple/grey colour. He had what looked like a big black line across his face, and it took me a while to work out that it was the frame of his glasses. I can still see him now. Can't really remember what happened after i found him. We learned later that he'd had a massive heart attack.

The day didn't really get any better.

you've done everything right mate. The world needs folks like you. Terrible circumstances. all my best to you.
Thanks GD but i don't see anything special in looking out for people.
One of the upsides of the current cv situation is people seem to be getting back to looking out for each other rather than just looking out for number one, an attitude that has been prevelant in UK society over the last few years.

Seen far too many dead bodies, its never nice but at least you noticed pal and did the right thing.

Thanks GD but i don't see anything special in looking out for people.
One of the upsides of the current cv situation is people seem to be getting back to looking out for each other rather than just looking out for number one, an attitude that has been prevelant in UK society over the last few years.
In our little cul de sac everyone is looking out for each other and trying to keep everyone if not fully stocked up at least having the bare essentials. If anyone was stockpiling I think they be getting a slap from certain neighbours. Nobody I know is stockpiling or at least not admitting they are. My missus has secondary progressive ms and at times like this you find out who your good friends are

I still think of the little 9 month old that died in his cot. His mum wasn't the best and I had only seen her a short time.

Bonded to him pretty quickly, used to greet him every morning for about a month (I pretty stayed for him, not her) and then one day I'd woken to get him up whilst his mother was snoring and he was stone cold. Almost colder than porcelain, in a weird way.

Thought his feet were cold from not being under the blanket at first and gave him a little shake. Nothing. I put my hand on his thigh and then arm, nothing but cold.

I turned him and he was greyish blue in the face.

It shocked me as I'd never encountered a cot death before (and never since), but I didn't freak out.

I spent a little time whispering to him and gave him a kiss on his forehead before waking his mum and telling her.

Of course she went ballistic.

Horrible to say, but I thought he was in a better place after.

I still think of the little 9 month old that died in his cot. His mum wasn't the best and I had only seen her a short time.

Bonded to him pretty quickly, used to greet him every morning for about a month (I pretty stayed for him, not her) and then one day I'd woken to get him up whilst his mother was snoring and he was stone cold. Almost colder than porcelain, in a weird way.

Thought his feet were cold from not being under the blanket at first and gave him a little shake. Nothing. I put my hand on his thigh and then arm, nothing but cold.

I turned him and he was greyish blue in the face.

It shocked me as I'd never encountered a cot death before (and never since), but I didn't freak out.

I spent a little time whispering to him and gave him a kiss on his forehead before waking his mum and telling her.

Of course she went ballistic.

Horrible to say, but I thought he was in a better place after.

Sad story mate :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.