Deadline Day Business - Stupidity Best Avoided!

CatMan

What possible benefit can be achieved by waiting until the last day of a Transfer Window to try to buy players?

I just don't get it!

If we are the highly organised professional establishment that most of our club activities suggest, then what exactly are we doing going anywhere near this kind of thing.

All our player trading should be well thought out and enacted at the 1st viable opportunity. Why has it taken over 30 days of this window to suddenly start the pursuit of 2 Porto players. Was it not apparent, that whatever need we appeared to be attempting to satisfy today existed back on Jan 1st?

Personally I will be chuffed if we sign nobody as any last minute deal can only be considered ill conceived, and as such plainly has the potential to go wrong. My disappointment will be the fact that we even got involved in the first place.

In short, all transfer activity should be carried out in a timely and planned manner, as was seen in the summer. Doing so clearly pays dividends.

How do you know this hasn't been a month long battle to get Porto to the table? Just because you only heard about it a few days ago doesn't mean they've been sitting in their offices doing nothing then started making some phone calls yesterday.

MaineRoadBlue said:
What possible benefit can be achieved by waiting until the last day of a Transfer Window to try to buy players?

I just don't get it!

If we are the highly organised professional establishment that most of our club activities suggest, then what exactly are we doing going anywhere near this kind of thing.

All our player trading should be well thought out and enacted at the 1st viable opportunity. Why has it taken over 30 days of this window to suddenly start the pursuit of 2 Porto players. Was it not apparent, that whatever need we appeared to be attempting to satisfy today existed back on Jan 1st?

Personally I will be chuffed if we sign nobody as any last minute deal can only be considered ill conceived, and as such plainly has the potential to go wrong. My disappointment will be the fact that we even got involved in the first place.

In short, all transfer activity should be carried out in a timely and planned manner, as was seen in the summer. Doing so clearly pays dividends.

1. How do you know the delay was at our end.

2. I don't think we started with one day to go its just that today was the last day.

Yeah, I'm sure txiki and Pellegrini got together this morning and said "right, who should we sign?"

You haven't a clue how it works, mate. Not even a tenth of a clue. No offence, like.

We're going after a player with 5 months left on his deal.

Today is the best day to go after him and represents the lowest price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.