Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 14 Nov 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cambo

Cambo

Everyone knew he was going to Bayern. They had not yet formalised a bid acceptable to City. We knew he didn’t want to stay, BM wanted him and he wanted to go there. Playing him in the CS only had downside risk for us. I think you’re being a little soft on Pep here. The decision to play him and the resultant injury has probably cost us 60m in transfer fee, wages & rehabilitation and medical expenses.

2. TheThirdDeano

TheThirdDeano

Don’t really give a shit, when all’s said and done.
    £50mil is more than we paid for him so we made a profit, helped us to win trophies whilst he was here.
    Not much we can do other than wait to see his replacement, who knows he might be better than Sane.

And those moaning about him going on the reach his potential Elsewhere, if he does just do what those Trafford ****s do with Fake Ronaldo and claim him anyway “Sane was made in Manchester!”

3. Homar

Homar

Think we should have demanded more. I certainly couldn’t see Bayern accepting such a fee if the shoe was on the other foot, even with the injury and one year contract. I’m not sure why we have agreed a fee even before the window has opened.

Anyway, I guess at least the saga has come to an end and everyone can move on. The CAS ruling will decide our transfer window. If all goes well, hopefully we’ll bring in a competent replacement and significantly strengthen our back line.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. oldius

oldius

Decent fee in the situation, IMO. Appalling behaviour from Bayern that I hope we have dealt with.

Sane has immense talent but it became obvious, to me, that he had lost the desire to do what was being asked of him. Quite rightly, Pep will not have that in his team and left him out. I wish him well as he gave us great moments, but his time had come.

5. lmhblue1

lmhblue1

Pep wasn't even going to play him originally, it's been reported by credible sources from both Munich and Manchester that he was going to play Mahrez (and Pep himself said it in the post match presser that day), but once they found out he'd been given some sort of nasal spray by the Algerian medics at AFCON which meant he could've failed a drug test, he couldn't.... It's just pointless blaming Pep at this point, everything about it was just a shit situation.

karen7 and r.soleofsalford like this.
  6. himalayan_blues

himalayan_blues

Usually players who have knee (cruciate ligament injury) do not turn out to be the same player they once were. There are so many examples of such players. But even A sanchez transfer got more than him is quite a puzzle for me. Sanchez was older with 1 year contractt left and had similar problems. The transfer was valued around 60 million. And when we have to buy similar player we have to pay 80 million plus now a days. Ok Thats a downside of being a big club.

7. himalayan_blues

himalayan_blues

Thats the butterfly effect.

8. Great Kompany

Great Kompany

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Few thoughts now when this saga has finally ended :
    1. The transfer fees looks okay wrt the circumstances but this was the first mega deal of this summer so only after this window ends and other transfers have taken place we can eventually decide whether we got fleeced or got out money worth. IMHO it was some 20 million less
    2. Bayern has been despicable in the entire saga and i would have preferred him going to anyone but United,Liverpool or the German Liverpool/United (Bayern). Hell i would have sold him to spurs to spite those bavarians but this is business and what do I know!
    3. Sane really really wanted to go to Bayern. The fact that he was searching was houses before and the news that he may not come back when the medical is done this week all points to this fact. That tied our hands in a big away and gave Munich the big leverage
    4. The one player we really wanted to keep around and still had to sell him in the last 10 years. It is a first time for everything
    Danke Sane! Have a good one

9. balotellishaircut

balotellishaircut

Team supported:
    City
    Fair enough but I think it's something like £47m with £8m in add ons if Leroy achieves certain things, but your right with that analogy.

10. salford blue 62

salford blue 62

Has the sulk gone then ?

r.soleofsalford likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.