Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this tells us anything it tells us the value of players in the current market. A few months ago people talking £100m for Sane, he went for about half that amount. I just hope when it comes time for us to invest in new players our management team remember this.

We were never getting £100M from bayern for Sane with just a year on his contract, covid or no covid, and anyone quoting those numbers would be delusional.

You lot make me LOL. Moaning how much we are getting ffs. It’s not your money, the player doesn’t wanna play for City, he’s come back from a major injury which some players are never the same again and he has one year left and your dealing with the biggest bandits in Europe , well done txiki I say, masterclass
Bye thanks Leroy move on simple as that

If we'd have offered Sané a proper salary 18 months ago before Bayern and the 385k was even on the radar he'd have signed.

It's irrelevant now, he's gone. The deal NOW isn't too bad in the circumstances but getting to this situation is the problem. There would be 15 clubs in europe willing to pay him 300k a week right now so if you want to try to offer half of what other clubs will pay then let's see where that gets us.
We wouldn’t offer that because he wasn’t a regular starter, so whether it was money or game time, without Pep picking him every week he wasn’t signing. Simple as that really. Has no bearing, the reason there wasn’t a queue of clubs and a bidding war is he will have made clear to other clubs he wanted Bayern.

The 8m we got for Sancho was agreed before we got youth compo, not sure what the record is but he was 17 years old, as we’ve all read Cancelo was a bit of creative accounting & nowhere near 60m paid out, Rodri, its way too early to be judging on VFM, if he stays for 8 years I’m sure we’d of had our money’s worth, and we’ll end up with a good wedge more for Leroy, how do you replace a generational player like Vinnie? Genuine question fella....you any suggestions? I’d take a repeat of the last 10 years transfer activity & I’m sure most would, think we should all be enthused by the possibility of a squad re-jig it worked out quite well last time!
It is early days with Rodri but his speed over the ground is not going to improve over time and anyone can see he’s way too slow to cope with the demands of the Premier League; whatever money was spent on Cancelo could have been used towards Vinnie’s replacement, we ended up giving Juventus money and Danilo who is a better right back than Cancelo! Vinnie is quite simply irreplaceable but there were decent centre halves around with leadership skills who have captained their clubs like De Ligt and Ruben Diaz; I would be just as happy for Eric Garcia to grow into the role but Pep seems to have a blind spot for Otamendi who remains an accident waiting to happen and has been ever since he walked through the door; there have been plenty of great signings over the last 10 years but also plenty of unmitigated disasters like Mangala for £42m, Javi Garcia, Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Nolito, Bravo, Bony so Txiki needs to be called out, his decisions recently have been appalling and that’s my point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.