Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a decent post with some good points until you said we'd played hardball with BM. In what way have we been in any control of this situation?
We haven’t bent over for them, despite the pressure in the media which we all Know is their MO
Who knows what the fee would have been if he had left in last summer’s window, we called their bluff in playing him in the charity shield, yeah it went wrong but what was the chance of that happening? In my view the fee is good considering his injury and the CV19 situation and the fact that he’s got a year left on his contract. If it’s true then they have had to offer him 200k more despite the fact he’s going home and his close mates are at the club

We haven’t bent over for them, despite the pressure in the media which we all Know is their MO
Who knows what the fee would have been if he had left in last summer’s window, we called their bluff in playing him in the charity shield, yeah it went wrong but what was the chance of that happening? In my view the fee is good considering his injury and the CV19 situation and the fact that he’s got a year left on his contract. If it’s true then they have had to offer him 200k more despite the fact he’s going home and his close mates are at the club

Honestly don't know if this is serious or not. Our 'calling their bluff' cost us 60m plus a year of wages. How is that a good thing?

We’ve been absolutely twatted in the transfer market again then. Have we got a decent market price for anyone we’ve sold since the takeover ?
Struggling to think of anyone other than Sane who we have actually been arsed about selling tbf. We have got decent fees for a lot of the youngsters, pretty decent returns on the likes of Nolito and people like that.

Struggling to think of anyone other than Sane who we have actually been arsed about selling tbf. We have got decent fees for a lot of the youngsters, pretty decent returns on the likes of Nolito and people like that.
I must admit I’m just kind of shooting in the dark without any facts and figures to back me up. It’s just a feeling I get though, just off the top of my head I think Dzeko, Barry, Kolarov, Savic all went on to play for years with big clubs and we got fuck all for em.

I'm not bothered about him going. Seems to me that the EPL is too fast and too physical for him plus he's a young man in a foreign country and has been offered 380k good reasons to return to his homelands and to a club where he will be carried along by other great squad players. There isn't much we could have done about that and it's something that has happened and will continue to happen at some stage at every other club.

I must admit I’m just kind of shooting in the dark without any facts and figures to back me up. It’s just a feeling I get though, just off the top of my head I think Dzeko, Barry, Kolarov, Savic all went on to play for years with big clubs and we got fuck all for em.
We’ve had to make concessions in fees over the years because the likes of Tevez Dzeko & Kolarov were on decent money, sometimes you have to grease the wheels, some have said we should of offered Leroy 300k to keep him, what if he’d sulked on 300k for 2 years ? We’d be in a similar situation having to lower his fee dramatically to get him off the wage bill...also, what if we’d missed out on a good signing because we couldn’t get one or two outta the door? There’s umpteen reasons to move a player on....chill out people we’re billionaires!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.