Dealing with Loss

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mezrah, 10 Jul 2019.

1. Mezrah

Mezrah

So just this afternoon my grandad (mom's side) just passed away. Heard he simply just slumped down and dropped dead. He had cancer in his whole body so we knew it would happen sooner or later.. thing is I've been fortunate enough not to lose a person in my life since childhood.
    How am I supposed to feel? I feel bad and at the same time I feel like I can't give it a thought cause I'm at work. Maybe I'll bawl my eyes out when I get off work.. I Don't know.. I just doesn't Know anything at all right now to be honest...

2. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

Sorry to hear that. Just take your time and dont overthink how you are meant to feel. Just remember bereavement is a process and there are several phases to it that dont all follow a set order.

3. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

Don't preempt the grieving process mate, we all grieve differently. I've lost many friends and family over the years and my reactions have never been the same twice...
    Don't feel guilty about whatever reaction you have, it will all come out in its own good time..

Sorry for your loss..

4. hammocity

hammocity

I was close to my Grandparents and when they died it felt like the natural order of things. You will be upset but the fact you are in work means you are probably coping. Remember the good times you shared with him and support your Mum. I’ve not met anyone who’s lost a parent that hasn’t had a huge feeling of grief when it happens, it absolutely rocks your world. The only thing I’d say is it does get easier but it takes time, best wishes to you and your family.

5. jimharri

jimharri

There's no set way to grieve fella. If you feel like bawling your eyes out, do it. No one will think any the less of you for it. If it helps, here's some advice I heard donkey's years ago; remember the good times, forget the bad ones.

hammocity likes this.
  6. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

Don’t feel guilty if you feel nothing.

I didn’t when both my folks died.

7. 7evens

7evens

Time to share one of the greatest ever Reddit posts:

Banshee and Two Gun Bob like this.
  8. Mezrah

Mezrah

I'd like to thank all of you for the nice words and advice! So far there's been no bawling.. But I feel it under the surface.. Thank god I've got enough confidence in myself to do it whenever and wherever no matter who's onlooking. He was a kind man and I'll always treasure his memory and my memories with him. I'll spend the next days making sure my grandma and mother are okay. Again thank you, thank you, thank you!

Two Gun Bob likes this.