Death (not family/friends) impacted on you

The whole Diana thing WAS a tad OTT to be honest. Yes, it was very sudden and sad, but one year after her death about one thousand pitched up to the event that had been organised. Nothing like the numbers you might have expected given the sheer multitudes the year before.
She was neither saint or sinner, she was just human with all the frailties that brings.
But my God this country seemingly lost it's collective mind when she died.

I'd probably say thatcher because when all the tributes came out (especially over here in the States) it was all gushing and praising.... i spent some time with quite a few friends and colleagues reliving the 80's detailing the miners strike, mass youth unemployment, flogging all the utilities back to the very people who already owned them..... Clause 28, Poll Tax, Football ID cards for fans, destruction of working class communities.....
It brought back a very strong dislike that I thought I'd locked away all these years....
I guess some scars still run deep......
The only thing about thatchers death that upset me was that the bottle of champaign in the fridge saved for it had gone flat after the years

Had to go buy another one

Oh I was gonna say how upset I felt when Rik Mayall died.. but come to think of it, I never knew him.. what a sad pathtic winker I was
Yeah, Rik Mayall's passing was pretty hard too.
Lovely man by all accounts.
Not sure why you felt the need to say the last bit though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.