Death (not family/friends) impacted on you

Wouldn't say it impacted me but the only celeb death I can think of where I thought "shit, no way" was Sean lock. He was a brilliant comedian and will be missed.

Watching Eriksen nearly die on the pitch last summer was an experience.

It's always odd to hear of people from your school year dying.

David Bowie was a well kept secret.
The Black Star Album was his lead upto his death in song and verse. Very sad

Eddie Guerrero got me back in the day, then the nature of Chris Benoit's was just bewildering.

Alan Rickman's wasn't fun. Any of the suicide ones, Robin Williams, Chris Cornell and particularly Chester Bennington were shocks.

I found the death and the circumstances of Shannon Spruills' (wrestler Daffney) death so very sad. I knew she'd been having problems, but for her to feel that was the only option to take...

I can remember exactly where I was when I found out that Stuart Adamson had died (on the bus in to work in the city centre). A real shaker as a fan of The Skids and Big Country.

I don't get upset at the person dying really, it is more missing their talent and the death brings back some nostalgic memories of why you liked that person in the first place.

Rik Mayall was a legend, as a kid knew him from Hogs of War, Drop Dead Fred, Bottom and the Young ones. A shame he went so soon.

A recent one I felt bad for was Paul Ritter, a talented man and a shame his innings have come to an end.
Isn’t that the same thing?

Its odd actually feeling an impact from someone you may never actually have met. You have to have sympathy or empathy for any death as they will all be loved by someone, but it is very rare that I have actually felt that a death has a direct impact on me.
Perhaps the only one I can recall was that of the Labour leader John Smith. At the time I thought that he was the only hope of defeating the Tories. Whilst 3 years later his successor got them elected, Im not sure whether that was much better.

Its odd actually feeling an impact from someone you may never actually have met. You have to have sympathy or empathy for any death as they will all be loved by someone, but it is very rare that I have actually felt that a death has a direct impact on me.
Perhaps the only one I can recall was that of the Labour leader John Smith. At the time I thought that he was the only hope of defeating the Tories. Whilst 3 years later his successor got them elected, Im not sure whether that was much better.
Great call,

In fairness he was maybe the last politician that I felt any real trust in.

Ayrton Senna.

Didn’t think it would happen to him on track and was watching it.
I remeber that day as i was working for a bloke in the South of France who'd took the day off to watch the GP. Didn't see him for the next 4 days, in which i swam in the river, drank beer and made friends with a French beauty. Happy days..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.