Death (not family/friends) impacted on you

My best friend who passed at the age of 31, she was murdered by her partner and she was 2 months pregnant.
He reported her as missing and her body was found 3 months later on moors down South once the walkers got back out after the winter.
Had Devon and Cornwall police coming up here to interview family and close friends when she first went missing. Three hours of it for my interview, and I didn't think for one minute it was her partner. I even spoke to him on the phone that first week.
Anyway, the police had their suspicions from the start and when they eventually found her body they arrested him.
Not a day goes by when I don't think of her, and how our friendship would still be strong today.
I'm not a person who has a wide circle of friends (she was the same), I prefer quality over quantity. And he took my most treasured friendship and the life of a young mum to be and destroyed them both.

Edit ....sorry, just realised thread wasn't for family or friends. It's just that I saw the words death and most impact and Helena is never far from my mind.

Last edited:
My best friend who passed at the age of 31, she was murdered by her partner and she was 2 months pregnant.
He reported her as missing and her body was found 3 months later on moors down South once the walkers got back out after the winter.
Had Devon and Cornwall coming up here to interview family and close friends when she first went missing. Three hours of it for my interview, and I didn't think for one minute it was her partner. I even spoke to him on the phone that first week.
Anyway, the police had their suspicions from the start and when they eventually found her body they arrested him.
Not a day goes by when I don't think of her, and how our friendship would still be strong today.
I'm not a person who has a wide circle of friends (she was the same), I prefer quality over quantity. And he took my most treasured friendship and the life of a young mum to be and destroyed them both.

Edit ....sorry, just realised thread wasn't for family or friends. It's just that I saw the words death and most impact and Helena is never far from my mind.
I would rather they had a hug button than a like for this Macca.

One of my colleagues died suddenly a few weeks ago. We didn't work together on a day-to-day basis but we'd gone through a senior management development programme together over a few months and you get to know and form bonds with people in that situation. We'd spoken just before Xmas, when she'd finally got her promotion and had a laugh as we usually did. She was only mid-30's and had everything to live for. Floored me for a good few weeks.

One of my colleagues died suddenly a few weeks ago. We didn't work together on a day-to-day basis but we'd gone through a senior management development programme together over a few months and you get to know and form bonds with people in that situation. We'd spoken just before Xmas, when she'd finally got her promotion and had a laugh as we usually did. She was only mid-30's and had everything to live for. Floored me for a good few weeks.
Polish girl at our office, mid 30s, got hit by a car early Feb. Died on 21/2. You're right, when a colleague dies suddenly (even if you didn't know them that well tbh) the sheer randomness really gets to you for a while. Even now when I see her old notes on customer records it gets to me.

Not really impacted just been gutted about some Shane Warne recently for example, it’s more the big shock ones that I think about that bit longer but I’m sure that’s the same for everyone

Diana
George Michael
Michael Jackson
River Phoenix
Kurt Cobain

a few I can remember being big in my time though I’m sure those older will feel the same with Elvis and JFK

If we are talking about public figures then it has to be Diana, Elvis and John Lennon.
I didn't particularly care for Diana, but I did feel for her sons. William was born just three months before my own son so there were parallels.
I remember the newsflash re Elvis. Our family was all together that weekend (must have been a "do" on or something) and the TV was on in the background but turned down. All of a sudden his photo flashed up and my aunt said "he is dead, has to be."
He hadn't looked good for a few years but it was still a massive shock. Particularly as he was only 42 and had still looked great well into his mid 30s.
Still play his records every now and then (2 nights ago to be precise).
John Lennon's death was just mad. Absolutely horrible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.