Death (not family/friends) impacted on you

Elvis.

The chip shop just wasnt as good after he passed on.

This is no lie I was in a chippy on Holiday in Torquay when the news broke, my mum god bless couldn’t even face her saveloy (I do believe that’s what the dirty southern cünts call a sausage) and chips.

Joking apart to this day even though I was a proper nipper at the time I can remember both Mum and Dad looking ashen.

Celebrity wise it was the death of Bruce Forsyth that saddened me - growing up watching him on The Generation Game, Play Your Cards Right,, just made me feel a little sad

Other than that, Sir Bobby Robson

Living in Norwich, I just felt compelled to drive to Ipswich to pay respects to my favourite non-City manager
Left a City shirt as a mark of respect in amongst all the Ipswich, England & surprisingly lots of West Ham shirts that had already been laid there

Always really loved Rock music when I was younger...these deaths were very sad for me as they died way too young, so no more music by them.

John Lennon
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
Elvis Presley
Amy Winehouse
Stevie ray Vaughan
Brian Jones

I felt very sad for Dianne, she seemed a happy girl and her happiness ebbed gradually away after she married the gutless twat.

Due to my job, I have seen quite a bit of death.

One of the worst was a man v express train. I still to this day do not know how the poor guy came into contact with early morning 100mph + train, possibly jumping off a nearby bridge but he hit the train in the left hand side of the front window and smeared along the windows of the front carriage before being dumped in the middle of the tracks pretty much unrecognisable as a human body at this point.

I'll spare you the details, but it was grim. I wasn't particularly bothered by the sight of the body, but the smell will never leave me. Like a butchers shop window in a hot day is probably the only way I can really describe it. To this day I still struggle to walk past a butchers shop without the hairs on my neck standing up.

One thing I will never forget is the look of absolute horror on the face of the smartly dressed young woman in the First Class carriage staring out through what can only be described as a heavily blood smeared window. That image is etched on my mind forever. That was nearly 20 years ago, but it still haunts me today.

The first celeb/musician's death that hit me hard was Hideto Matsumoto (known professionally as hide). He was the guitarist with my favourite Japanese band, X Japan, and had embarked on a very successful solo career after they split up. He was in the midst of recording his 3rd solo album and had plans to tour the US as his music was starting to get noticed over there too. After a night out drinking he was found dead the next morning having been strangled by a towel that was tied to a doorknob. His death was ruled accidental as it was believed he may have been practicing a technique to relieve upper back and neck pains which guitarists can suffer from due to continuous use of a shoulder strap. 10,000 people attended the wake and around 50,000 the funeral over a 3 day period to pay their respects. Some fans even took their own lives in grief at his passing.

Due to my job, I have seen quite a bit of death.

One of the worst was a man v express train. I still to this day do not know how the poor guy came into contact with early morning 100mph + train, possibly jumping off a nearby bridge but he hit the train in the left hand side of the front window and smeared along the windows of the front carriage before being dumped in the middle of the tracks pretty much unrecognisable as a human body at this point.

I'll spare you the details, but it was grim. I wasn't particularly bothered by the sight of the body, but the smell will never leave me. Like a butchers shop window in a hot day is probably the only way I can really describe it. To this day I still struggle to walk past a butchers shop without the hairs on my neck standing up.

One thing I will never forget is the look of absolute horror on the face of the smartly dressed young woman in the First Class carriage staring out through what can only be described as a heavily blood smeared window. That image is etched on my mind forever. That was nearly 20 years ago, but it still haunts me today.
Glad you spared us the details :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.