Death (not family/friends) impacted on you

Never had a death impact on me if it wasn't a friend or family member. I might think 'oh, that's a shame' but that's about it. I don't really get all this minutes applause in the 17th minute for someone who died on the 17th.....all that kind of stuff. Don't care about people who do it, each to their own, but I don't care for people who look at you like you're a **** when you don't join in. It's all strange to me.
How far do you take that though?

Do you think anybody deserves clapping at a football match?

What about Colin Bell?

Keith Flint from the Prodigy for me. Prodigy were probably the act that me and the Missus had gone to see most over the past 20 years and they absolutely slayed every gig we saw them at. They had so much energy on stage and "keef" was a massive part of that.

There was a bit of selfishness in the sadness I felt, as I knew we would have gone to see them again every time they toured and that was annoying that we wouldn't, but the big thing that hit me was a sadness, similar with Robin Williams, that someone who bought so much joy to so many people felt alone enough to take their own life.

RIP Keith - Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned.

I'd probably say thatcher because when all the tributes came out (especially over here in the States) it was all gushing and praising.... i spent some time with quite a few friends and colleagues reliving the 80's detailing the miners strike, mass youth unemployment, flogging all the utilities back to the very people who already owned them..... Clause 28, Poll Tax, Football ID cards for fans, destruction of working class communities.....
It brought back a very strong dislike that I thought I'd locked away all these years....
I guess some scars still run deep......
I had a bottle of champagne. My only real sorrow was I know hell doesnt exist and so she couldn't burn there forever. She was particularly brutal to us and our industries, stopped the apprentice levy, left millions in poverty and sold all of our nations assetts. I do acceot she was a formidable political figure, but she had no compassion and made decisions we are stil paying for by selling everything to her pals. I fucking detested her and still do.

With celebrities/musicians I like, I mourn the loss of future work/performances. Sometimes even learning about their private life to see how it affects their work.
As I don't know the person privately, I am not mourning them personally.

I think this is part of the mix-up, with people thinking 'how could you miss someone you didn't even know'.

The recent death of Marvin Hagler was quite a facer....dunno why,,,maybe took me back to my youth. Spent half a day watching his old fights.

The only one that really upset me was John Peel. Very sudden, unexpected and a big part of my youth gone.

Reading this thread also made me realise that George Micheal is dead. I’m not upset by it, but genuinely had no idea he’d died.

Gary Speed. Definitely stopped me in my tracks. The circumstances. The shock of it. I remember the day at Elland Road when Strachan, Mcallister and Batty were stood in the centre circle, and Speeds name and number on the big screen. Given sobbing his heart out at Villa Park.

Not the most famous person to die, granted, but it was one that really hit home for some reason.
With you on this one - when I saw the news I just couldn't believe it as he'd been on Football Focus the previous morning and seemed perfectly happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.